Monsanto not Coming to Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Monsanto not Coming to Costa Rica

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    clewis

[quote=”Scott”]As long as the Discussion is genuinely related to Costa Rica – as I believe this is – it’s fine by me…

Let’s always try to keep on track with regards to how these various things affect us in Costa Rica and not go off on a tangent into American polydicks – Ooops! Sorry I meant politics…

Scott
    [/quote]

Thanks for weighing in Scott. This thread is not the one I was refering to, rather the thread “James Cameron Relocation” where claims are being made about an American President and his family being involved with Hitler, etc. That thread is way off track and posts were made not related to Costa Rica, but rather to an inflammatory comment made by the poster. We got there last December when a thread veered way off the topic of Costa Rica and into radical vs. non-radical beliefs concerning US politics. Please read comments made on the “James Cameron” thread.

camby

My comments on Hitler/Bush were in response to the question of why he might be buying land in Paraguay…..I responded with what I had heard and there is a lot of at least circumstantial evidence either way.That and long history of Bush family with nefarious groups, which is well documented.

That said, will try for myself at least, to adhere closer to the rules/guidelines in the future and save anything else for any private messages,etc.

My apologies if I broke the forum rules.

“Lewis” is apparently none to happy with me and apparently, we are not going to become fast friends-oh well. I apparently rile his nationalism like no other here for some reason….

again, Scott, my apologies to you and others if I have veered off the path on the forum/rules……

camby

[quote=”maravilla”]i got kicked out of class in the third grade for reading The History of Philosphy by Will and Ariel Durant — and it’s been all downhill for me since! and there are a lot of people who like to shoot the messenger. my backside is loaded with arrows! jejeje[/quote]

had my share as well, one of reasons I do not any longer go out of my way at all to make friends..wife feels it is unhealthy-and likely it is, but I find it less frustrating and a lot more peaceful of existence…..perhaps, I should involve myself less on forums…..

maravilla

By re-posting the original link that Lotus put up, I unleashed the journalists at The Costa Rica News who did two separate articles on the issue of GMOs in Costa Rica. This is their latest article, which addressed my question to whether or not the information contained in thge 2004 and 2005 papers still held true post-CAFTA. Here is the latest article. At least now we know who to contact to protest and stanch the flood of GMOs into Costa Rica.

http://news.co.cr/readers-mail/gmo-and-transgenic-crops-in-costa-rica/15/02/2012/

maravilla

here’s an article on using vinegar instead of round-up

Weeds in Paths? Use Vinegar, Not Roundup

costaricafinca
    Participant

This [url=http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2012/01/27/scotts-to-pay-4-5m-in-fines.html]link to Scotts who is Monsanto’s exclusive agent for the marketing and distribution of consumer Roundup[/url] was posted on a hummingbird forum that I frequent.

Products produced:
    Scotts
    Miracle-Gro
    Osmocote
    Ortho
    KB
    Scotts Wild Bird Seed
    Morning Song Selection
    Scotts Lawn Service
    Round-up (exclusive distribution agreement)
    Fertiligène
    Evergreen
    Substral
    EcoSense
    Celaflor
    Nexalotte

costaricafinca
    Participant

An [url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/grrlscientist/2012/mar/21/2]additional link[/url] to read

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.