Military Type Drones Coming To A Police Department Near You…. Freedom is long gone!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Military Type Drones Coming To A Police Department Near You…. Freedom is long gone!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    bradbard

In case you missed the latest news on the increased militarization of the police forces in the U.S.

Houston SWAT Operators Get Their Own Airborne Drone Weapons Platform.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/29619788/detail.html

“… the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) could be used in hunting criminals who are running from police or assessing a scene where SWAT team officers are facing an active shooter.”

According to data from the National Safety Council Estimates in the U.S. you are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist so, you can imagine how those numbers are going to change when every Police department gets their own drones…

“We’re not going to use it to be invading somebody’s privacy. It’ll be used for situations we have with criminals.”

I feel sooooo much safer now don’t you?

Freedom is long gone in the U.S. Get out while you still can.

Versatile

[quote=”bradbard”]In case you missed the latest news on the increased militarization of the police forces in the U.S.

Houston SWAT Operators Get Their Own Airborne Drone Weapons Platform.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/29619788/detail.html

“… the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) could be used in hunting criminals who are running from police or assessing a scene where SWAT team officers are facing an active shooter.”

According to data from the National Safety Council Estimates in the U.S. you are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist so, you can imagine how those numbers are going to change when every Police department gets their own drones…

“We’re not going to use it to be invading somebody’s privacy. It’ll be used for situations we have with criminals.”

I feel sooooo much safer now don’t you?

Freedom is long gone in the U.S. Get out while you still can.[/quote]

How about a link: According to data from the National Safety Council Estimates in the U.S. you are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

bogino
    Participant

[quote=”bradbard”]
    Freedom is long gone in the U.S. Get out while you still can.[/quote]

There are those that choose to run away and hide and there are those that choose to stay and fight. I choose to stay.

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”Versatile”]How about a link:[/quote]

I Googled “eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist” and found lots of links…

The most authoritative source being the National Safety Council website – You can see the wayback machine archive at: [ http://web.archive.org/web/20080508135851/http://nsc.org/research/odds.aspx ]

Source: National Safety Council estimates based on data from National Center for Health Statistics and U.S. Census Bureau. Deaths are classified on the basis of the Tenth Revision of the World Health Organization’s “The International Classification of Diseases” (ICD). Numbers following titles refer to External Cause of Morbidity and Mortality classifications in ICD-10. One year odds are approximated by dividing the 2004 population (293,656,842) by the number of deaths. Lifetime odds are approximated by dividing the one-year odds by the life expectancy of a person born in 2004 (77.9 years).

How he calculated the numbers I’m not sure but I don’t have the time to analyze the numbers any more than that …

Scott

maravilla

hey, bogino, i’m curious — how do you plan to “fight”?

bogino
    Participant

[quote=”maravilla”]hey, bogino, i’m curious — how do you plan to “fight”?[/quote]

HAHA! I knew it wouldn’t take long for you to poke your head out…..

In response to your question:

By VOTING for starts and through activism….you know…..the things a democracy allows you to do. And if those don’t work then take it to the next level whereever that may be. I do not “escape” to another country and then whine and complain about something from afar.

Pura Vida!

maravilla

so does that mean you are spending your days at the rallies protesting the greed and destruction by the banksters and other gangsters? and does that mean you are voting republican or voting in such a way that something might actually change for the better?

i am not sorry i “escaped,” and in fact, i am grateful every day that i had the foresight to see what was coming down the pike and as a US citizen who still owns property and pays taxes in that country, i have every right to complain about the destruction of our society regardless of where i live. good luck in your fight. i hope you make things better.

bogino,
    I respect your opinion, however, I must take issue with your term “escape.” With politicians, Wall Street and corporations, affecting and influencing voting; does anyone still believe their vote counts! Having served in the military for 21 years, and having traveled around the world; I have actually found that some foreign countries offer more liberties and a better quality of life, than the U.S. I do not consider my relocation to Costa Rica, as an escape; rather a method of survival. Fighting the government and corporations equates to the British battle tactics of the 17th century, put on a red coat, stand in straight columns, take the first volley of enemy fire, and wait for the order to return fire. As a professional fighter, I wish you the best of luck!

aguirrewar

My Opinion;

and it is not worth a PENNY but still my penny

IF YOU LEAVE by your own CHOICH you can call it anything you want, from a voluntary exit or an escape and in my mind the one Man/Women, one vote still counts. If you think that all the Ex-Pats votes make a difference; think again.

By the way; I have visited many Countries and lived all over the world. 1’st Son born in Costa Rica, 2’nd Born in Germany and the 3’rd in the USA.

I still call the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA; my home and I type this post in English.

Have a nice day

sprite

I believe the best course of action for people of my economic class (wage slaves and small business owners) is to hit and then to run.
    Hit by:
    1.closing your bank accounts,
    2.ripping up any credit cards, (pay with cash only)
    3.trade your soon-to-be worthless paper currency in for silver or gold.
    4. stop paying your mortgages if your house is under water
    5. and finally, do NOT waste energy by hoping for change and voting… or even trying to wake others up. It’s too late. Your country is toast and has been for a while. You need to focus on your own salvation and that of your family.

If you can manage to do the above, and save enough real money before the crash, RUN to Central or South America before the government removes your ability to move assets or even yourself. Don’t get caught in the fascist meat grinder like the Jews did in 1939.

I can imagine some of you laughing out loud at this. You are the ones who will get caught. Those with critical thinking capabilities who are not yet awake must first SEE what is happening and then be honest with yourself and BELIEVE what you are seeing. There is a high probability that Israel will strike Iran by year’s end. There is a high probability that the Euro zone will crash soon. Either of these potential incidents could be enough to put the US nightmare of domestic tyranny into third gear and it will be difficult to escape after that happens.

agarcia

Hi sprite
    Your posts are like candy. I eat it up but get a tummy ache soon after. Are you following your own advice? When are you leaving the Devil’s land and moving to Costa Rica? If you have no bank account and are carrying only gold and silver will you have it in a briefcase or just use your pockets? Do you have a gold exchanger here in CR? Since you won’t be in a gated community and will probably be richer than 95% of the Tico’s will you disburse your riches to equalize the disparity of your net worth or will you allow the thieves to only steal from you what they need thus utilizing the natural income equalization system that exists within CR? 😀

sprite

I follow my advice where it applies to my unique circumstances. As difficult as it is to get off the grid, to escape the reservation, I believe it will be more difficult to stay,

There are ways to drop off the radar and to stop participating with system while still being able to survive….so far.

Timing my exit is the tricky part because I have obligations in the States which I feel morally obliged to meet. Those obligations end soon.

As far as how I intend to relate to my new Tico neighbors, wealth disparity between us will not be evident to the extent that I can help it. This is essential because I will be living amongst them as part of the community.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

You know, I always wonder how the folks who advocate converting everything to precious metals will function in the community. There appears to be no ready market for precious metals in Costa Rica, no exchange where one can convert gold to currency they so disparage, so just how will this work?

I’m having a vision of someone waltzing into his or her local pulpuria which will, of course, be equipped with a gram scale and online access to the current precious metal prices, with a gold ingot. S/he’ll haggle over the price of a bag of rice and a bag of beans and then, having concluded the negotiation, file off enough gold to cover the purchase using a nail file. Is that how this is going to work?

And how will the customer know that the gram scale is accurate? And will the local [i]gasolinaria[/i] be likewise equipped? And the doctor? And the dentist? And ICE? And . . .

As always, the devil lurks in the details and inquiring minds want to know (skeptics, too).

agarcia

[quote=”sprite”]I follow my advice where it applies to my unique circumstances. As difficult as it is to get off the grid, to escape the reservation, I believe it will be more difficult to stay,

There are ways to drop off the radar and to stop participating with system while still being able to survive….so far.

Timing my exit is the tricky part because I have obligations in the States which I feel morally obliged to meet. Those obligations end soon.

As far as how I intend to relate to my new Tico neighbors, wealth disparity between us will not be evident to the extent that I can help it. This is essential because I will be living amongst them as part of the community.[/quote]

You are contradicting yourself from your previous post. You were pointing out the best course of action for people, but you haven’t even made those moves yourself nor even contemplated how you could function in society without cash, bank accounts and only precious metals. I think you have a romanticized notion of what it would be like to live here amongst the locals. You will still be seen as a foreigner and your bank account or stack of gold ingots will set you apart whether you hide it or not. There exists much discrimination and xenophobia in Costa Rica which can be fairly subtle. You clearly hate where you live and have probably worked yourself into a mental corner where your only option is Costa Rica. If you eventually move here, I think your perceptions of life here will be far from reality and you’ll end up hating it here as well. Costa Rica will not be the panacea to all your hang-ups. Just some words of advice from a long-time resident of Costa Rica.

sprite

[quote=”(skeptics, too).[/quote]

David, I suppose if you don’t believe silver coins are good for money in a fiat currency crash, you could pay your hospital bill with chickens. There would be a lot of feathers and pooh to clean up at the payment window though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.