Meet the Chinese tycoon behind Nicaragua’s grand canal ambitions

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Meet the Chinese tycoon behind Nicaragua’s grand canal ambitions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    davidd

this is very interesting

and even if its 75% true.. I would think if managed properly could bring Nicaragua into a whole new level.

http://youtu.be/EFAtz9zxIFA

I have discussed this with a few investors that are investing in projects in Nicaragua..

of course as with any project of this size.. you will have many negatives.. you may even disturb the nesting grounds of the red pepper swallowed owl..

but overall in today’s uncertain future.. this would be a good move for them.

at least to give costa rica a run for its money..

Andrew
    Keymaster

Isn’t he extraordinarily young to be so extraordinarily wealthy? He has $100,000,000? And he’s not even a hedge fund manager? 😉

The environmental concerns of building an interoceanic canal are surely enormous, don’t you think?

Scott

waggoner41

[quote=”Scott]The environmental concerns of building an interoceanic canal are surely enormous, don’t you think?

Scott
    [/quote]
    When you have no concern about environmental issues building a canal like this is no great problem.

Imxploring
    Participant

After watching the video I have to make a couple of observations. If the translation was correct this young man has a good head on his shoulders and knows his stuff. He was very well spoken and prepared. The body language and speech patterns also showed he’s confident and is prepared to move forward with this endeavor.

Could he be a well prepared and trained actor fronting for the Chinese government…. sure! But at first glance I’d say Panama should be very concerned. Then again the monumental engineering and construction tasks as well as the costs could very well end this dream before the first shovel hits the soil. There were a number of false starts and interruptions in the Panama canal project.

As to Scott’s comment… he does seem young… and if I’m not mistaken his incredible “wealth” is the result of a gold mine. And everything is wrapped up in a privately held company with no public history to speak of…. Seems kind of like a Charles Foster Kane story…. that makes you wonder!

orcas0606
    Participant

It really is a huge undertaking for Nicaragua or any other country for that matter but maybe Eden Pastora can move his dredge, “ALBA DE NICARAGUA” when he is finished on the Rio San Juan. This is just another attempt to distract the Nicaraguan people from their misery. Probably the only winners will be Danny Boy, Rosario and maybe a few Chineese guys. Smells like a huge scam to me.

pixframe
    Participant

[quote=”orcas0606″]It really is a huge undertaking for Nicaragua or any other country for that matter but maybe Eden Pastora can move his dredge, “ALBA DE NICARAGUA” when he is finished on the Rio San Juan. This is just another attempt to distract the Nicaraguan people from their misery. Probably the only winners will be Danny Boy, Rosario and maybe a few Chineese guys. Smells like a huge scam to me.[/quote]

Don’t know if it’s true but article says Russia is in on the deal too. “WASHINGTON – As Russia continues to take strategic initiatives that put the United States on the defensive, Russian President Vladimir Putin is teaming up with China to help construct a trans-oceanic canal in Nicaragua that gives Moscow an even greater foothold in Washington’s area of influence.” http://www.wnd.com/2014/05/russia-joins-china-in-building-nicaragua-canal/

davidd

[quote=”Scott”]Isn’t he extraordinarily young to be so extraordinarily wealthy? He has $100,000,000? And he’s not even a hedge fund manager? 😉

The environmental concerns of building an interoceanic canal are surely enormous, don’t you think?

Scott
    [/quote]

the environmental concerns are large but also the potential for growth to Nicaragua.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.