Medicare question(again)

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Medicare question(again)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dhsbooker

Hi all,
    I know that there have been a few posts on this topic, but I had NOT seen anyone discuss if they were going to stay enrolled in Part B of Medicare. Currently, I think the monthly premium is $88.20, and that goes up every year. After looking into some of the questions regarding coverage outside the US, I did a search on the official site http://ssa.gov and found out that they DO NOT cover outside the US. Only in rare occasions such as Mexico or Canada since they both border the US. If anyone can tell me what they did regarding Part B? Did you stay enrolled? The only other concern is that if you drop it, and decide later that you want to enroll, there is a penalty. It seems alot to pay each month for something that you cannot use.
    Thanks,
    Debbie

maravilla

I’m going to ditch Part B when I get enrolled in Caja or INS. I definitely would not go back to the States for treatment regardless of what happened to me as I believe the medical care in CR is as good if not better than the US. For both me and my husband that is almost $170 a month — for what? Besides we are also Italian citizens, so worse case scenario is that we could go to Italy for treatment for free if we didn’t feel that the care in CR was adequate.

dhsbooker

Thanks Maravilla, I was hoping I would get a few more responses! I’m sure we will do the same by dropping it(my husband that is).

Debbie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.