Medical Checkup

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Medical Checkup

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    2bncr

Can’t you get this done through the CAJA for free. All residents must be members so why drop the $100?

Did I miss something?

Now if you are not a resident, well then…

To me paying $600 a year for CAJA insurance is a complete waste so at least I get a blood test every 3 months and have to get up a 5 am to stand in line and finish about 7 or so. Ain’t the CAJA grand?

maravilla

caja is great for those kinds of things. my hubby just had a complete blood work’up, exam, etc, for free — in the states it would{ve cost $500 or more. he would{ve had to wait in line there, too, so what{s the diff_

Andrew
    Keymaster

There are of course many VIP Members of this site who “live” here on less than a permanent basis – who do not have access to the CAJA – and I was encouraging them to get a checkup.

As a permanent resident of Costa Rica, I too must contribute every month to the CAJA and could go that route for check-ups if I choose but, I like ‘service’ and enjoy getting in and out of places quickly (we might remember that there are a LOT more people here in San Jose than there are where Maravilla lives).

So I’ve had all the tests done that have been recommended to me for a man of my age (51) and thankfully all is well with me and also for my lady.

My girlfriend and I were also offered a nice cup of coffee after our blood tests (after fasting for 12 hours) and we enjoyed the ham and cheese toasted sandwiches too and then a 45 minute consultation with the Doctor to discuss the results.

Scott

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.