Marchamo

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Marchamo

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    costaricabill
    Participant

I seem to remember reading about a website where you could enter your placa number and it would tell you the amount of Marchamo for that year.
    I used the forum’s search engine, but no luck.
    Is there a website to do that, or have I been dreaming (again)?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Click [url=http://marchamo.ins-cr.com/Marchamo/Marchamo/frmConsultaMarchamo.aspx]here to check your Marchamo
    [/url]

davidd

[quote=”Scott”]Click [url=http://marchamo.ins-cr.com/Marchamo/Marchamo/frmConsultaMarchamo.aspx]here to check your Marchamo
    [/url][/quote]

scott

you know I really tried to keep on top of things and not be the first one in line to pay things..

but they got me

I paid the marchamo and now I found out that they made a mistake and I may have overpaid 20%

what %% do you think I have to get a refund for the difference :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

maravilla

you have to fill out some form and apply for the refund. i’m going to wait until the 11th hour so they get this mess straightened out.

pebo1

When is the marchamo due?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”pebo1″]When is the marchamo due?[/quote]

The [i]marchamo[/i] is due to be paid before the end of December. You can pay it at any bank, any INS company office, and lots of other places. You can also pay it online if you bank at a Costa Rican bank and use that system.

pebo1

[quote=”maravilla”]you have to fill out some form and apply for the refund. i’m going to wait until the 11th hour so they get this mess straightened out.[/quote]

OK thanks David for that info, what about Maravilla’s comment regarding the amount to pay possibly being miscalculated? Should one wait then?

maravilla

what i read is that only about 20% had been miscalculated but you know how it is — that’s probably not accurate and they are correcting the problem now, so if you can wait, i would. we have until the end of december to pay.

pebo1

OK thank you, I checked my quoted rate. I’ll wait and see if it changes later in the month when I do pay it.

camby

Since I come to this site to learn, can someone take a second and give me a real quick, simplistic explanation of what is a Marchamo? is it taxes?

maravilla

marchamo is the price you pay to drive your car – it’s like a registration fee and minimum insurance coverage. i have a 20 year old car and it cost me $130 to register it.

camby

[quote=”maravilla”]marchamo is the price you pay to drive your car – it’s like a registration fee and minimum insurance coverage. i have a 20 year old car and it cost me $130 to register it.[/quote]

this is I take it from posts, yearly amount, like the car tax bill I just got in mail, due end of 1/13

VictoriaLST

9 year old car and the marchamo was nearly $300! I had heard from friends who have been here for years that it has been a lot less but that it was going up. Anyone else get a surprise?

jreeves

We have a 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited & the marchamo is around $360.

Jessica

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.