Marchamo – pay after 15th January?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Marchamo – pay after 15th January?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    seawader

If payment is effected at the end of this month (January 2015) and apart from not being able to use a vehicle until paid, is there any penalty for late payment? We reside in Puerto Viejo and hear that the 15th January is a “deadline for payment” – thereafter payment can only be effected in San Jose”? Can anyone give us advice?

Andrew
    Keymaster

I may be mistaken but I thought the deadline to pay the marchamo was the end of December and that anybody who pays after that also faces a fine in addition to the amount owed for the marchamo.

[url=http://marchamo.ins-cr.com/Marchamo/Marchamo/frmConsultaMarchamo.aspx]You can see what you owe and pay for your marchamo online here.[/url]

Scott

seawader

Scott. We are long time residents. You are certainly not mistaken – we have been away from home for some time returning end Jan. Aware of fine which is not that great. Point is: can the Marchamo be paid at the usual outlets banks etc after 15th Jan?? Will other ‘latepayers’ living down our way have to trek all the way to SAN JOSE just to pay Marchamo after 15th??
    Thanks.

Andrew
    Keymaster

You can’t pay online at your bank and have them deliver the marchamo to whatever address you want in Costa Rica, as they did for me?

costaricafinca
    Participant

The fine is approx $100, if not paid by Dec 31st. You can still pay it, at the local BCR or INS office.

orcas0606
    Participant

I just paid my marchamo, 6 Jan 15 and the fine , if any is very small. I tried to pay yesterday but there was no system and lots of late people. This was at the INS agency in Alajuela. The whole process took less tan 2 hrs.

[quote=”costaricafinca”]The fine is approx $100, if not paid by Dec 31st. You can still pay it, at the local BCR or INS office.[/quote]

costaricafinca
    Participant

I thought I wrote a response yesterday…:roll:
    Anyway, here is [url=http://www.amcostarica.com/111114.htm]what I read [/url]on page 3, in one of the online news sources.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.