Manufactured Homes in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Manufactured Homes in Costa Rica

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    costaricafinca
    Participant

Your right [b]David[/b]

sstarkey

It’s all about the insulation!

I just built a steel-frame house. It’s heavily insulated. It’s amazingly cool and dry inside compared to the “concrete / rebar” houses around me that I’ve rented during construction of my home.

To boot, my new house is seismically sound. When the 7.4 earthquake hit, my then partially built home, (in Guanacaste), jiggled but NOTHING cracked or crumbled. Many of my neighbors had to do wall and roof repairs. I did nothing except rejoice over my good fortune 🙂

I’ve also seen one amazing container home in Tamarindo. I think with proper insulation this is an interesting option.

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”sstarkey”]I just built a steel-frame house. It’s heavily insulated. It’s amazingly cool and dry inside compared to the “concrete / rebar” houses around me that I’ve rented during construction of my home. [/quote]

You are welcome to include information about the company and the steel frame product if you would like to help out our VIP Members who are thinking of building their own homes in Costa Rica…

Scott

sstarkey

My builder is Frame Projects and their web site is http://www.frame.cr/

They are very busy and haven’t updated their site with photos of their latest projects (including mine). I’m very pleased with their work & their professionalism, and trust me I’m no shrinking violet when it comes to dealing with suppliers & setting high expectations.

If anyone would like more info please feel free to send me a private message.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Is the home that they built for you framed in heavy tubular steel or the “light” corrugated steel framing that’s becoming more common in the States? Either way, if what they constructed for you is a steel “framework” that’s conceptually similar to the framing you’d expect to see in a stick-built house in the States, how did you handle the infill, the space between framing members?

What encloses the exterior and how did you finish the interior?

sstarkey

David,
    It’s lightweight galvanized steel. One slick aspect of the system is that the joists have cutouts that allow the piping / wiring to be threaded, giving easy access later on.

After steel framing, there’s styrofoam insulation (it comes in sheets, not spray-on), a layer of silver reflective insulating ‘wrap’ (optional), and black builder paper.

For the exterior I finished with a combination of concrete stucco, Plycem which looks like Cedar planks and Molejon (a natural stone which was laid on top of concrete). Interiors are standard drywall and Lamina Verde for the bath.

[quote]”[u]Slander[/u] and [u]defamation[/u] are criminal offenses in Costa Rica, as is published on WLCR at; https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/forum/postnew.cfm?forum=1

I’m [u]offended[/u] by the public accusations you’ve made against me on WLCR. Perhaps you should re-consider your [u]defamatory[/u] public statements about my financial motives”[/quote]

Based on that wicked overlord threat intended to silence and even attempt to imprison people such as Ginny for no justifiable reason whatsoever, I have become suddenly more interested in researching prefab methods. Some people here are beyond unbelievable.

davidd

[quote=”exodusoffshore”][quote]”[u]Slander[/u] and [u]defamation[/u] are criminal offenses in Costa Rica, as is published on WLCR at; https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/forum/postnew.cfm?forum=1

I’m [u]offended[/u] by the public accusations you’ve made against me on WLCR. Perhaps you should re-consider your [u]defamatory[/u] public statements about my financial motives”[/quote]

Based on that wicked overlord threat intended to silence and even attempt to imprison people such as Ginny for no justifiable reason whatsoever, I have become suddenly more interested in researching prefab methods. Some people here are beyond unbelievable.[/quote]

vaya con Dios :twisted::twisted:

CHERYLJK

Wow! I am really impressed with the home on Youtube. I never would have guessed a container home could look like that. Very impressive!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.