Manuel Antonio vs. Montezuma/Malpais

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Manuel Antonio vs. Montezuma/Malpais

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rgoettling

My wife and I are looking for ocean view lots in both areas and are blown away at the price differences between the two areas. We would love to hear from those of you who have reasons for one place or the other??

rankingee

I just got back from Mal Pais several weeks ago and looked a realestate in Mal Pais, Montezuma, and Tambor. But first, you talk of the price difference. Let me guess, Mal Pais is more expensive. I found Mal Pais to be a very funky and nice spot, but much more of a 20 something and surfer hangout (I am a 50 something something surfer and went with my 14 year-old daughter). I am not sure though that it is for everyone. Also alot of development going on there and apparently Santa Theresa is already having some problems with lack of water. Montezuma was a nice spot also with a great little town, but I spoke with a german tourism guy who has lived there for about 5 years. He said he has a terrible time with people breaking into his moutain house and stealing things. Even told me of a friend who put a steel door on her house and the theives used a blow torch to get inside. Tambor was just nice and quite. So, I have turned my attention to the central coast and have been looking at some projects in the Plays Esterillo area, up north a bit from Manuel Antonio. Although I have not been there yet, my first impressions are that the properity values are a lot more reasonable. Also, much easier to get to than Mal Pais. One thing I actually loved about Mal Pais is that it is off the beaten path, but if I were going to live in CR, that may be a negative if you wanted to get to some bigger cities. If you have not been to Mal Pais, have scott give me your e-mail and I can forward some pictures.

rich

koty

We are looking into “Hills of Esterillos” by costa Rica Limited company in Esterillos Oeste. What are you doing and what are your thoughts? We are thinking about putting money down on a lot.

Koty

rgoettling

Koty,
    Where is “Hills of Esterillos?” Who are you working with?
    You can email me at rgoettling@novamed.com if you like

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.