Making Money in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Making Money in Costa Rica

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    edenfarm

From reading this forum it looks like it is difficult for an expat to work legally in Costa Rica and even if he does, the wages don’t look that attractive so here’s my question.

What sort of options are there in Costa Rica for an expat to try and make a little money?

We can do whatever we want online right?

Any brilliant ideas?

Anybody out there got some success stories of how people started something and made some money?

sumaSal

Quote: “Anybody out there got some success stories of how people started something and made some money?”

We don’t want to talk or write about that, we don’t pay taxes, work illegal etc.

“Any brilliant ideas?”: Yes…….. write a book…… start a website about real estate and life in Costa Rica….. 😉

jreeves

Telecommute for a US-based company or start your own US-based company that can be managed via the internet.

Jessica

Andrew
    Keymaster

You are certainly allowed to start a business like Brian Kerr for example edenfarm…. You can see more about Brian at:

Costa Rica Dry Cleaner – Inside Scoop on Brian Kerr – Discover How People Have Made A Success of their New Lives in Costa Rica. [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/497.cfm ]

Needless to say there are a zillion different small business that you could start and starting any business has it’s risks.

As for you sumasal – You may be working here illegally but for the record:

A: Scott Oliver is a 100% legal, permanent resident of Costa Rica fully entitled to work in Costa Rica.
    B: I – Scott Oliver – in a variety of business activities pay out over $5,000 per month and support a dozen families who rely solely on my business to support their entire families and…
    C: I have built two homes and hired the construction workers who were paid better than they were being paid by their previous employer and finally …
    D: I do pay taxes in Costa Rica…

We know little about you sumasal.

But a few VIP Members have emailed me saying that they believe you are writing your anonymous and normally insulting comments because you are probably just another failed real estate salesman based in San Jose (amazing what information one can get from IP numbers) and working in Costa Rica real estate industry illegally….

If that’s not the case, please feel free to confirm who you are, what you do here and why any of our VIP Members should take any of your comments seriously.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

I am not sure if appropriate to mention the name of a company but Trivita could be an internet home based business that might work if you check it out.

sumaSal

No sense of humor Scott….???

If you have a job that can be done online then you can do it from anywhere in the world. Just register your business and pay the taxes in the country you are living.
    But, as in any business, you do not know if you will make money or no, there is no guarantee. Job or not, if you want to live in Costa Rica you should get residency.
    A friend (a german business man who makes a lot of money on the global market) said one day “if you want to make one million dollars in Costa Rica, you have to bring two millions……”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.