Making Caja Payments Online

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Making Caja Payments Online

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    janetl2424

We have been approved rentista residency and have been told that we can go to the online Caja website and link our bank account to make the monthly payment. Does anyone pay their Caja monthly payment online? Thanks!

barbara ann

we have been doing that for awhile. with banco nacional you go to misc pagos pick cchss, I think then type in your account no. there is a choice if you want it recurring or not. Once you put the number in it will always be there and you just pay it.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sure! I pay my CAJA payments online every month – I should thank you for reminding me…

As you can see from the screenshots below (with private data erased) I have just paid…. I do everything I possibly can to avoid visiting any bank.

[img]https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/images/CCSS-a.jpg[/img]

I pay through my BAC San José bank account…

[img]https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/images/CCSS-4.jpg[/img]

Does that help?

waggoner41

[quote=”Scott”]Sure! I pay my CAJA payments online every month – I should thank you for reminding me…[/quote]

The next question would be – Is it necessary to have a Costa Rican bank account to make on-line payments?

Having been totally satisfied with arrangements with our U.S. bank we have never opened an account in Costa Rica.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I can NOT imagine how you would be able to do this without an account in a Costs Rican bank.

A U.S. bank would have to be able to have bacl-office access the systems at the Caja Costarricense de Seguro Social and as far as I know, none of them have that access.

Scott

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”Scott”]Sure! I pay my CAJA payments online every month – I should thank you for reminding me…[/quote]

The next question would be – Is it necessary to have a Costa Rican bank account to make on-line payments?

Having been totally satisfied with arrangements with our U.S. bank we have never opened an account in Costa Rica.[/quote]

Les…. I have to agree with Scott… you’ll need a CR bank account. I use BN and have for a number of years and pay several monthly bills using their internet service. The site is super easy to use and once set up the process of reviewing and paying all your bills takes about 2 minutes!

The only negative I would mention is the requirement to change your password every couple of months.

jreeves

We pay ours online with our BCR account.

Just keep in mind that you have to pay during CAJA’s business hours for some reason. You cannot process the payment at night or on weekends (at least that has been our experience).

Jessica

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.