Mail Service Dominical Lagunas

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Mail Service Dominical Lagunas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jrockwell

I know mail service is a challenge in CR. Is it non-existent in Dominical/Lagunas? Should I buy a mail box? Are there options? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Seven kilometers outside Grecia, we get mail delivery to our door. A guy riding a Correo motorcycle shows up whenever there’s something to deliver. He brings mail sent from both Costa Rica and the U.S. (and the U.K.).

We use Aerocasillas’ service to have mail forwarded from the U.S. Their nearest office is in San Ramon. Delivery isn’t overnight, and you have to go retrieve it, but the service isn’t bad.

Anything you can stop getting from the U.S. via paper mail will save you time and expense. Try for on-line billing, statements, etc.

costaricafinca
    Participant

We get ours delivered to our door too, just outside of Guayabo, Guanacaste. Regular envelopes and boxes from Canada and the US with never a problem.

harvcarp

David;

Do you only use Aerocasillas or have two different services?

Harvey

DavidCMurray
    Participant

We use Aerocasillas for anything that originates in the U.S. and which we want.

We get our Costa Rican bank statements, (formerly) our RACSA bill, and a Costa Rica origin magazine via el Correo. I did actually get one U.S. junk mailer, who would not stop sending me their junk mail, to change my address to my Costa Rican one and el Correo delivered it along with the other stuff.

jrockwell

Thanks for the input. Do you all have actual addresses or just a location description?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

“. . . actual addresses . . .”? That’s what location descriptions are in Costa Rica.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.