Machetes, folding saws, etc…..In the luggage question.

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Machetes, folding saws, etc…..In the luggage question.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vmc

Hola everyone!….I have this dumb question to ask, and I know I’ll get myriad answer styles…I can take a flaming, or heaps of praise, so let me have it.

Here is my question: I have some well made and pretty good quality jungle clearing and/or camping type of edged implements, like the aforementioned Machetes, folding saws, and perhaps some other camping-type tools (Not really construed as weapons).

What is the etiquette/protocol for transporting these implements in checked baggage when coming to Costa Rica?

I want to steer clear of anything prohibited, and would really like to have these with me when we come, but can live without them if it would simplify things…..(Breath)

What is the consensus on this notion, may I ask?

Pura Vida!

rosiemaji

There is no reason why these items can not be transported in your checked luggage as long as they are well protected to make sure the blades will not poke through the luggage. Most airlines will not allow anything with an engine, such as a chain saw, though, even if it is still in the box and never used.

Vmc

[quote=”rosiemaji”]There is no reason why these items can not be transported in your checked luggage as long as they are well protected to make sure the blades will not poke through the luggage. Most airlines will not allow anything with an engine, such as a chain saw, though, even if it is still in the box and never used.[/quote]

Thanks……I just know how the Nazis at the TSA are, and I didn’t want to run afowl of the CR Authorities….we’re trying to prioritize and assemble the things we want to BRING and the stuff we want to ship later.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.