Lot prices in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Lot prices in Costa Rica

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gatorvette

I recieved a call today from Lee at Costa. He said the lot I paid for is now worth $325,000 to $340,000
    Also he wants 45 houses built and will offer discounts on building. He said a top of the line high quality goes for 120 per sqft he will do it for 90.
    Does anyone know anything about this.

John

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sorry but your posting entitled ‘lot prices’ is extremely confusing and you’re going to have to be a LOT more specific about this…

This is a Discussion Forum so please tell us! What is it exactly that you want to discuss?

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

rebecca

Posted Nov 24,2006 5:19 PM Rebecca

I know who and what you’re talking about. My understanding is that in Costa Rica, $90 a square foot gets items like corian or similar in the kitchen, stainless appliances, high end items in the home. Someone I know completed a villa in Jaco at that rate earlier this year. I believe developers typically give incentives to the first lot owners to spur building. Is that a deal? Yes, if down the road they do build for $120/sq ft. Is it a deal now? No, its probably the going rate but they are handling the loan issues, the permits, etc……

Roann

We just got back from Costa Rica this weekend and we found a lot that we were very interested in,costing $100,000 for 1900 SM, no view, level lot 10 min drive to Tamarindo. What are anyones thoughts. Additionally my impresssion was $80 sqft to build not the $90 that someones else brought up. I love this web site and I read the book cover to cover on the plane on the way home. I truly would appeciate any input anyone can give me.

Anne

Ripple33

Lot prices vary greatly according to area and who you are selling to. There are many people selling very high priced properties to gringos that dont know any better. Often they find Ticos selling property for cheap and buy the property and jack the price up and advertise to gringos. There are still deals to be had in CR contrary to what is advertised on websites and newspapers. Ask around the town where you are interested in getting land. Look at everything from everyone and then make your decision. 90 dollars a sq foot sounds extremely expensive. I recommend paying by the job and purchase your own materials. Get receipts for everything and always be on site. Do not attempt to construct anything that you can not supervise. For 90 dollars a sq foot you should be able to build the Taj Majal. Ask around town about builders also. Word of mouth is your best bet. Find the people who are satisfied with their construction. Good Luck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.