Looking to move to the Lake Arenal Area

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Looking to move to the Lake Arenal Area

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rob and Amy

Could anyone give us some advise about houses or lots around Lake Arenal? My wife and I would like to buy a property in this area (we just got back) in the next year or two. We have found a few really nice lots and houses but are unsure as to the property values (Gringo’s vs local’s?).

rf2cr
    Participant

Rob & Amy,

We have just returned from purchasing land in the Arenal area, we looked at a lot of different pieces, some with houses and some without. Prices are all over the place, it is hard to fix a price range, some both gringo and tico properties are outrageously priced others quite reasonable. It certainly does not seem to be based on “comparables”. A lot depends upon location and view. In my estimation it is extremely difficult to fix a realistic price and there is really only one way to do it and that is to go and look at different properties and compare prices and get a feel for what you consider reasonable.

Suggest that you get in touch with Jim & Rene at Rico Realty (ricorealty@hotmail.com). They have lived in the area for quite a long time and know it well. They were very patient with us and showed us a lot of property before we made our decision. They were very good about giving us the pros and cons of the various parcels.

Good Luck.
    Ruth

Dear Ruth,

It is nice to see someone recommend Jim & Rene of Rico Realty. I have be a constant vistor to their website for about two years. Next May when I visit the Arenal area, I plan to visit with them. I have exchanged emails with them several times but it is nice to hear of your personal experience with them.

Sincerely
    Tom in Portland, Oregon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.