Looking for plumber, electrician and a pool builder

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Looking for plumber, electrician and a pool builder

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    maxdevil

Hello Scott: I bought this property about 27 km. south of San Isidro de El General a few months ago. The property is rented but my renters have complained of a few things in the house. I need the following specialty contractors: plumbing, electrical and a pool builder. No, I am not going to build a pool strictly for my renters. That’s for me when I move there. But otherwise, can you recommend someone from the San Isidro area? Maxine de Villefranche

grb1063

There are several options with pools, but 2 of the 3 are limited to the Valley. Typical Tico pools in outlying towns would be constructed by excavating a hole, building a CMU (masonry) wall + concrete or masonry floor and coat with cement plaster. The other option would be to order a pre-made fiberglass pool and set in a hole surrounded by concrete (transport from San Jose or Puerto Caldera is an extra expense). The 3rd option I have rarely seen outside of San Jose metro, which is a sprayed pool where a hole is excavated, a steel reinforcing system is installed and “shotcrete” is sprayed on all surfaces. The shapes with the last option are virtually unlimited. Only the 1st and last options are conducive to tile work.

costaricafinca
    Participant

We recently had a fiberglass pool from [url=http://www.ecopiscinas.net/index.php]Eco piscinas[/url] and are very happy with the results. Delivery and set up was included, with a back hoe required to dig the hole, but not until the pool is delivered.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.