Looking for Costa Rica location to build

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Looking for Costa Rica location to build

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    koty

Since our deal went sour in Esterillos Oeste we are again on a hunt for property on which to build a house. As we will not be moving down to CR for 4-5 years we would like to start with a home (not really condo people) in a development with security, common areas (including a pool) and a known track record. Prefer to be within 20 minutes of the ocean with some elevation and an ocean view. It would be nice to be within 4 hour drive of San Jose. We want an honest developer who will take care of the building and that we can trust to keep his word and do what he says he will (learned the importance of this the hard way). We would like to be in an area that is close to a town with restaurants and grocery etc. Oh, and we have $150,000-$200,000 to invest. I will be curious to see what kind of replies I will get out there. I just love this forum stuff!

Koty

paumatom

I’m not sure if the 150k-200k you referenced is your total budget, but you might want to check out this developement. I’m not involved in any way, just know about it from visiting the area.

http://www.tierrapacifica.com/index.html

philipbennie

I have just finished building and am building a second in a development that meets all of your criteria except for distance from San Jose. Idea Verde is the development just outside of Playas del Coco and only 20 mins from the Int Airport at Liberia. The builder has his own house here and did a good job for us, (come by and see). I think there are only a couple of lots left (c900m I think) not sure what the present price is but for your budget you should be able to build a two/three bed house with nice fittings and still have some change. Get back to me if you want to know more. By first house was finished within 6 months of signing the contract.

Phil

*Lotus

There is a great neighborhood in Playa Hermosa called Opera Salvaje. This is not a gated community but is an established neighborhood with homes for sale in the $200k range. Try Adams site http://www.centralpacificrealty.com He has a few listings in Opera posted and as you know this is a great area. Adam has a solid rep in Hermosa and can be trusted.

koty

Thanks. We dont necessarily need “Gated” but would like some contacts as to how to secure our place and have it looked after when we are gone. We do not “YET” speak Spanish but are trying to learn and this has set up many roadblocks to having our own place. We love Hermosa!

Koty

*Lotus

Playa Hermosa is amazing, I bought in Columbus Heights as we wanted to build our own home rather than have the developer of the land do it and we just love the area(I Surf). I know all the dirt on one of the principles, but when I signed a contract prices were rock bottom so after speaking with everyone involved I bit the bullet an signed. They have now started the roads etc…and I received a letter from there attorneys stating all the lots have been surveyed, registered etc..and I will be closing in September…There are a couple of very professional outfits in Jaco that will manage your property while you are away and handle renting it as well. “Opera” is a great established neighborhood and the homes are on 700 to 1000M2 lots approx.It’s about 1km down calle Hermosa, there are a few other developments back there as well and up in the hills. Adam may be a good source to show you around.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.