Looking for a rental home in Costa Rica.

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Looking for a rental home in Costa Rica.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    gomiqueen2

UPDATE – Thanks everyone, I have found a temporary rental in Atenas for November – January while I look around for a permanent place to start my new life – hope to find a 2-BR with pool in Central Valley so keep me and my darling Mimi in mind – Thanks for all the sharing – Mucho Gracias my
    friends – Pj
    ///////////////////////////////:)/////////////////////////

Hola all out there in CR – I am looking for a furnished rental in the central valley area with cool weather. It would be for myself and my darling cat Mimi.

We are planning on moving to CR o/a 16 Nov 2012. I found such a wonderful place I thought in Grecia – unfortunately, it is now gone.

I will be looking for a car as well but would like to have a place that is cool or air conditioned – not a tiny but moderate place. If you know of any – please contact me – George Lunquist – gave such a wonderful tour back in 2005 – he sold me on CR –

Blessings always friends, Pj

Andrew
    Keymaster

Our rental section can be found at:

[ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/department53.cfm ]

Scott

PeteB
    Participant

[quote=”gomiqueen2″]Hola all out there in CR – I am looking for a furnished rental in the central valley area with cool weather. It would be for myself and my darling cat Mimi. We are planning on moving to CR o/a 16 Nov 2012. I found such a wonderful place I thought in Grecia – unfortunately, it is now gone. I will be looking for a car as well but would like to have a place that is cool or air conditioned – not a tiny but moderate place. If you know of any – please contact me – George Lunquist – gave such a wonderful tour back in 2005 – he sold me on CR – Blessings always friends, Pj[/quote]

We have some apartments in Atenas – Please check out Scott’s rental listings to see our ad. Pete & Stef

gomiqueen2

Hi Scott, of course I am already familiar with your info which is super; however, after exhausting those – I started looking on Craigs list for more rentals and car or driver information. I hope to arrive permanently in November – just trying to
    tie it all up. Thanks and Blessings, Pj

Vmc

Hi PJ….

Forgive me for butting in, but I live near Puriscal and love where we are….I know there are some rentals available here, that go in the $900/Mo range and are really beautiful homes. We’re high enough that the air is cool and always fresh beyond belief.

I know that ALL of the rentals aren’t on Craig’s list and some of the “We Love Costa Rica” recommended realtors might not even have them all, as great as these guys are.

If proximity to town is a major consideration, Grecia is a good spot, but if you don’t mind some VERY scenic views while driving and friendly small town atmosphere, I would recommend our little slice of Paradise, and with the Forum’s permission, I will give it a plug.

Brian McLane is the developer, and a SUPER good guy. He and his wife are in Canada for the next 10 days for a wedding, but he will be easy to talk to when he’s back in CR. His number is on the site.

I hope Scott and the forum don’t mind this minor plug, because I don’t think Brian is a member or anything….he’s been busy building nice houses and carving a beautiful neighborhood out of these incredible mountainsides.

We moved in here in early May and truly love the place…at the end of the valley, of which we have breathtaking views, lies Manuel Antonio and the Pacific, which we can see all the way from here. (It’s like 30 miles away +)

I hope this is some small help, and I know that if you stick here, you will receive LOTS of good information, besides what I have to recommend.

I wish you all the best, and hope you find that perfect place for you and your feline friend…Feel free to reply or PM me and I will be glad to help if I can, you are in the RIGHT place to find the information you need. Our own journey began about 4 years ago, right here, reading about CR living, and without this site we might never have been able to do it…I’m glad we did.

Best of luck!

Dan.

maravilla

dan — i thought you were living at the beach somewhere in guanacaste???

Vmc

[quote=”maravilla”]dan — i thought you were living at the beach somewhere in guanacaste???[/quote]

LOL…Hi Trisha! We WERE at the beach, and I thought you caught my earlier updates…Sorry.

We got there and loved the area, but we found that we had been somewhat misled about the condition of the house and the facilities….The schools didn’t want to take our kids and we found ourselves in a tough spot, but we found this beautiful place and now we’re outside of Puriscal.

We love it here and all is well so far!

The Pizza oven CALLS us BTW…we’ll make the trip when we can, but right now we’re trying to figure out our moves for our first Visa Run later this month, any recommendations?

Dan.

maravilla

wow, i missed all of that. well, at least you found a better place to land. i’ve only ever done one border run with my girlfriend last year and we took the bus to granada. we had a great time and the trip was pretty painless. i don’t know about other places since i’ve never had to do this.

Vmc

[quote=”maravilla”]wow, i missed all of that. well, at least you found a better place to land. i’ve only ever done one border run with my girlfriend last year and we took the bus to granada. we had a great time and the trip was pretty painless. i don’t know about other places since i’ve never had to do this.[/quote]

Do you know a good yet inexpensive hotel in Granada, you wouldn’t mind taking family to? I’ve got 4 to worry about, and my Spanish still sux…..I’m TRYING tho…

Sorry to hijack the thread….

maravilla

go to trip advisor and see what they have. as i remember there were lots of nice places, not too expensive, to stay in. i chose the Vivaldi because it had the longest swimming pool in granada, and that was about $75 a night but i split that with my g.f. there are plenty of places cheaper than that, tho. i remember looking at the Posada del Sol which had apartment type accommodations in a really nice historic building on the main walking street.

Vmc

[quote=”maravilla”]go to trip advisor and see what they have. as i remember there were lots of nice places, not too expensive, to stay in. i chose the Vivaldi because it had the longest swimming pool in granada, and that was about $75 a night but i split that with my g.f. there are plenty of places cheaper than that, tho. i remember looking at the Posada del Sol which had apartment type accommodations in a really nice historic building on the main walking street.[/quote]

Trisha, I started a thread, so I don’t bog down this one, but thanks for the info…I have other minor questions that can be found in that thread if you wouldn’t mind checking there…I’m sorry I sort of Hijacked this thread…..

Andrew
    Keymaster

[quote=”vmc”]Brian McLane is the developer, and a SUPER good guy. He and his wife are in Canada for the next 10 days for a wedding, but he will be easy to talk to when he’s back in CR. His number is on the site.
    [/quote]

Brian has been a VIP member for many years and we have about a dozen articles featured their two properties in Puriscal on this website including:

[url=https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/3244.cfm]Retirement in Costa Rica Video – Living on a coffee plantation with many lots for sale for under US$65K plus owner financing[/url].

Canadian Developer Takes The Worry Out Of Planning, Designing and Building Your Home in Puriscal, Costa Rica Even If You Can’t Be Here. Free video.

Lots For Sale in the Altos los Cafetales Community Starting at US$40K. Free video with Puriscal Architect Gustavo Quesada.

Gardening in Costa Rica!

Why Canadians from Calgary AB are Choosing to Retire in Puriscal, Costa Rica. Free video

Retirement Living in the Charming Little Town of Puriscal. The basic scoop plus free video of the area…

Canadian Couple To Build Their Retirement Home in Puriscal, Costa Rica.

Retirement Living in Altos de Antigua – Puriscal, Costa Rica

Scott

gomiqueen2

Scott, Dan, Maravilla (Trisha) – thank you all for all of your help. Soctt, I have read hundreds of your articles – all exceptional, Dan, I really appreciate your input and did look at the website which I had seen before, and Maravilla I will definitely look at trip advisor.

I am looking to rent something when I first arrive with a pool maybe through XMAS just to be settled for awhile around the holidays – I love the cooler weather and did love the Puriscal area – but then I generally love whereever I am, I have lived in Belgium, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, HI and most of the US so I can get around quiet well. I have a darling cat – Mimi that is dear to me and a friend will come with me for the first three weeks. Any info any of you have on where to look or whatever is truly helpful and I appreciate it greatly.

Blessings always, feel free to write to me at my email.

Pj

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.