Long/Short Term Rentals

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Long/Short Term Rentals

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JUMI

Hello, We plan to stay in CR for at least a month in Feb. 2011 and started looking for a house with at least two bedrooms.

Should I rent now? Will more rental listings be added to the website closer to the high season? (I am searching through the short/long term rental listing at welovecostarica.com and only one meets what we are looking for.)

Thank you.

Andrew
    Keymaster

Comfortable, furnished short term rentals are easier to find on the coast as they cater more to vacationers …

Comfortable, furnished short term rentals are extremely hard to find in the Central Valley where most rentals are long term.

I know of no Realtor who will spend his/her time helping you find a one month rental so you’re pretty much on your own I’m afraid…

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

wspeed1195

have you decided where you will stay?
    that would help.folks know folks all over the country and it’s little areas.Arenal,Fortuna,Guanacaste,Jaco/hermossa,dominical,puerto Viejo and so on.
    narrow it down and folks might be able provide more info.
    or you could get an inexpensive room for A few days and scout around.

ervall

You should take a look at http://www.vrbo.com There are many, many alternatives with lots of pictures and reviews by previous renters. We used this site to find a place when we first came here and could not have been more happy with the result.

grb1063

Try these folks. Furnished and you get a break on a monthly basis. Located in a nice neighborhood (Piedades) with quick access to the freeway. We stayed there for 3 months.
    http://lindavistacr.com/

JUMI

I’d like to stay in Central Valley, around San Jose. Reasons: we don’t want beach everyday, we like hiking, we want to see if living in CS is a possibility, we need high speed internet, also want to meet with a realtor and see what’s available in the market (not beach properties).

costaricafinca
    Participant

Suggest you get a hotel for a few days. Then check out local accommodations in an area that [i]you think will suit you.
    [/i]
    Once you have picked the perfect place, rent for an extended time period to see if living in CR is for you.

[i]Then[/i] find an agent to show whats available in that area
    It is a lot easier to buy, than it is to sell….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.