Living in Sarchi?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Living in Sarchi?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bogino
    Participant

Any comments, positive or negative, about living in Sarchi? I’ve had my eye on Grecia and to a lesser degree Atenas for when I settle down.

There is a nice looking lot for sale in Sarchi which I’m going to take a look at on my next trip in 6 weeks.

Sarchi is in the same general area as Grecia but never gave much thought as far as settling down there. Any comments? Thank You.

bushmaster
    Participant

Just look before you leap Sarci surveyor. Situations are entirely different for nearly everyone. Costa Rica and many other people find what they want by “hands on” research. Comes here the backpackers, wanna-be livers in CR, on and on.

My wife and I are very wealthy people who have visited Cr many times. We sold our estate in Hawaii, and my pet Maserati. We now live in a condo in Jaco. Prime area. We have a spectacular condo surrounded by jungle, beach and oceanfront.

Cheap? No. Life and retirement here can be as expensive and/or cheap as you wish. You have to find the area that suits your life style wishes. No one else can do it for you.

There are simply too many life styles age and health related matters. Stay in CR and travel for as much time as you can. Then decide. Let others pick for you and you will be in living hell.

Galen

Andrew
    Keymaster

I used to take my dog for long walks in the hills above Sarchi, it’s a beautiful area but too cold for me…

bogino
    Participant

[quote=”bushmaster”]Just look before you leap Sarci surveyor. Situations are entirely different for nearly everyone. Costa Rica and many other people find what they want by “hands on” research. Comes here the backpackers, wanna-be livers in CR, on and on.

My wife and I are very wealthy people who have visited Cr many times. We sold our estate in Hawaii, and my pet Maserati. We now live in a condo in Jaco. Prime area. We have a spectacular condo surrounded by jungle, beach and oceanfront.

Cheap? No. Life and retirement here can be as expensive and/or cheap as you wish. You have to find the area that suits your life style wishes. No one else can do it for you.

There are simply too many life styles age and health related matters. Stay in CR and travel for as much time as you can. Then decide. Let others pick for you and you will be in living hell.

Galen
    [/quote]

Thanks but I get all what you’ve said. I’ve made at least 15 trips to CR over the past 20 years and been to all 4 corners. My question is targeted to anyone that might have [b]first hand experience[/b] about the pros and cons to living [b]specifically[/b] in Sarchi. Thanks for your efforts though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.