Listing of Doctors

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Listing of Doctors

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gomiqueen2

I have looked through previously posts and really couldn’t find any references to a “Doctors’ Referral” or listings by site of available doctors in CR.

If anyone has a link, a word of mouth referral, etc., for Doctors in general, I would appreciate the information.

Since I am scheduled to arrive in November I would like to make contacts to ask a few questions.

Also, did anyone have problems bringing their medications into the country.

When I visited in 2005, no one ever checked but don’t know how it is now. Thanks.

Andrew
    Keymaster

We do have a few Doctors who are known to me personally listed in the Costa Rica Healthcare section which you can see at:

[ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/department88.cfm ]

If you have a specific type of Doctor you need which is not listed there, please let me know and I’ll ask around for you …

All the best Doctors and Surgeons are located where most of the patients are… In and around San José in the Central Valley area.

Scott

baontheriver

[quote=”gomiqueen2″]I have looked through previously posts and really couldn’t find any references to a “Doctors’ Referral” or listings by site of available doctors in CR.

If anyone has a link, a word of mouth referral, etc., for Doctors in general, I would appreciate the information.

Since I am scheduled to arrive in November I would like to make contacts to ask a few questions.

Also, did anyone have problems bringing their medications into the country.

When I visited in 2005, no one ever checked but don’t know how it is now. Thanks.[/quote]

There are also a lot of very good doctors in Perez Zeledon/San Isidro de General Area. They have the latest equipment and we have personnaly used quite a few of them. They are at the private hospital Labradora and a couple of doors down Plaza Medica. For cosmetic stuff I would stay around San Jose but I here that there is a real nice place towards Arenal. If you could be more specific on what type of doctors you need I am sure that we can help you more.

gomiqueen2

Thanks for the info. I wanted a listing in general for future use but specifically I am looking for a gp, endocrinologist, surgeons (general) dermatologists, gyns to name a few primarily in the Central Valley area where I hope to settle.

Also, I couldn’t seem to find out what is required to bring prescriptions I am currently taking with me when I arrive, they are in the official prescription bottles and labeled – if anyone knows that – I would appreciate the info.

Thanks again,

DavidCMurray
    Participant

You’re allowed to bring in a ninety-day supply of meds for your own use. As a matter of practice, no one will count your pills.

Most meds that are available here can be bought over the counter without a prescription. Exceptions include narcotics, sleep aids and some antibiotics. For those, you should have no problem getting scripts.

gomiqueen2

as always, thanks David for the info

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.