Licensing for Accupuncture DR in Costa Rica.

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Licensing for Accupuncture DR in Costa Rica.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pquil

Any help in directing me to where to look for requirements for licensing in CR
    Can anyone give me a Name/names of accupuncturist/ PHONE NUMBERS of Drs. so that I can call them.

Thanks

suzecurley

i am also an acupuncturist considering relocation to costa rica…somewhere on my desk is a reference to a korean man who practices there, when it surfaces i will share it with you…somehow my impression is that there is a very “loose” attitutude to practicing there, but i could be wrong!

pquil

Thank you for your response. I look forward to hearing from you.

Andrew
    Keymaster

I believe that Dr. Kim is the doctor you are referring to who has an impeccable reputation. I am not however, familiar with his residency status.

We would encourage you to NOT assume that the laws are “loose” in Costa Rica, an American chiropractor practising here got into some very serious legal problems because he thought the laws were “loose.”

A local Costa Rican chiropractor began to lose clients to the gringo chiropractor and he looked into whether he was legal and he wasn’t.

End of story – The Gringo chiropractor’s business was ‘terminated’ and he lost about $50K that he had put into it…. Please don’t let that happen to you..

I would recommend you approach the residency laws here with a great deal of respect. If you are found working here in whatever capacity without the correct documentation, you could face serious problems.

Think of how easy it would be for a Costa Rican accupuncturist to simply get on a plane and move to the US and start practising there… Not easy right? In fact its probably not possible at all…

And, how would you feel if a Costa Rican started practising down the road from your office in the US with no permits, no correct legal status and your customers starting going to him?

Scott – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Chica2006

I am Massage Therapist. What kind of license will I need to work in Costa Rica?
    Maria

Andrew
    Keymaster

I don’t ‘think’ (I do NOT know for sure) that you need a license for massage.

You don’t need a license to sell real estate either but, having said that, “if” you are caught working in Costa Rica in any capacity and you do not have the correct residency papers, you could get into some serious problems.

If you are serious about moving, living, retiring, working in Costa Rica, you are going to need an attorney to help you. I would encourage you to ask them these questions BEFORE you sell everything ‘back home’ with the hope that you can live and work here….

Scott

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.