Liberia at night ?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Liberia at night ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ROBERTPUTTR3

We will be arriving after dark in Liberia on a Monday night and the people from Villa Kailimbas are sending a taxi for a 2 hour adventure that I have know idea who the driver will be. Is it a good idea with the road conditions staying a night in Liberia with taking in consideration of the road condition from Liberia to Samara Beach would be a good idea ? I am sure they want us to arrive safely with one of there drivers but I am conserned about the roads and other intangibles ??

mountain

My husband and I recently made this drive ourselves during daylight in a rented vehicle. We had previously driven a few days earlier from San Jose to Liberia during daylight which was quite an adventure and would not recomend it at night even if you are familiar with the roads! We found the roads from Liberia to Samara Beach to be in much better condition, however, once you are off the main road, the roads do become narrow and winding. I think we would be confident making the trip after dark having done it once in daylight. I would expect that your driver would be local and know the area. If you have the time to stay the night in Liberia, I would encourage it not so much because of road conditions, but because of the scenic drive you would be missing.

mbrydenthal

My family and I will be taking a shuttle leaving Liberia headed to Samara at about 8pm…it will cost $100

Please let us know how your night time commute went….our last visit we stayed at the Best Western and rented a car….but we would rather stay the night in Samara…

We have a 1 year old and a four year old..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.