Let’s Talk Fermented

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Let’s Talk Fermented

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    davidd

Hi Guys

ok.. as you know I love learning new things and I am and always will be a student in life.

topic. eating fermented foods

I have come across alot of research with regards to the benefits of eating fermented foods daily as part of your day to day food intake.

health benefits seem to be increased immune system due to the pro bacteria and such.

So I was now think of ways of simple introductions to the body as my first choice would be pickles and sauerkraut

but I wanted to get some real world costa rica feedback if anyone has experience in this area.

thanks

David

my first choice would be

lyncota
    Participant

I know the Koreans will swear that Kim Chi every day is the secret to a healthy life!

Carl

[quote=”lyncota”]I know the Koreans will swear that Kim Chi every day is the secret to a healthy life!
    [/quote]

I can tell you from experience working around Koreans that if you consume kim chee regularly, you will begin to smell like a poorly metabolized version of the stuff, especially when you work/sweat/exert yourself.

…..it iddn’t pretty (lol)

VictoriaLST

Lets see now…..isn’t beer fermented? Go Beer!

critterhill

Love the Kim Che. Didn’t know that about the odor, but it makes sense. Too much garlic consumption = smeeeeeeelly.

David, if you have access to some fresh goat’s milk, you can make some kefir.

http://www.culturesforhealth.com/second-fermentation-milk-kefir

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.