Leather furniture in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Leather furniture in Costa Rica

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alewis

How does leather hold up in a beach location.. Trying too decide whether to bring down a leather couch sectional but not sure if they mildew and such. Any into would be appreciated.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

If you’re going to be in a coastal location, your indoor atmosphere will probably be less humid than in many higher and more inland areas because the house will be air conditioned and thus dehumidified.

In our houses, we have two leather sofas and some leather chairs. From time to time, we do notice a little mildew especially in places where two leather surfaces are in contact. A quick wipedown with a mild vinegar solution usually resolves the problem. We’re outside Grecia at about 4,100 feet where we have neither heat nor air conditioning and our windows are open 24/365.

johnr

[quote=”alewis”]How does leather hold up in a beach location.. Trying too decide whether to bring down a leather couch sectional but not sure if they mildew and such. Any into would be appreciated.[/quote]

I have never seen a moldy cow in San Francisco de Coyote. 😆

We have leather furniture in our beachfront in Guancaste. I use dehumidifiers and utilize air conditioning 50% of the time, and ceiling fans the remaining 50% of the time. Keep in mind, you must still have a leather cleaning and conditioning schedule. After cleaning, I use WD-40, with excellent results.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[b]Huh?[/b]

You put WD-40, with its kerosene base, on furniture-grade leather??

Please say more. You can’t just leave it at that.

David. The WD-40 chemical compounds are great for leather, it cleans and conditions, just spray on and buff. Think outside the box, do a search for “Cleaning Leather With WD-40.” Hell, you can even fish with it on bait, fish love it!

alewis

I admit to having never seen a moldy cow. We are just trying to be smart about what we bring.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.