Laura and new taxes

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Laura and new taxes

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    sprite

I am no CR expert but Costa Rica still seems a far better place than most of the US for my needs. It has gotten worse everywhere for a lot of reasons. Too many people and a supremely destructive world economic system will leave no place untouched. So if you lament the changes in Costa Rica, hold your breath and take another close look at the U.S.

paulcrowley

Havs the new 15% tax gone into effect yet? Does the 15% tax now apply to medical and dental services?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

No, the proposed 15% value added tax has not gone into effect yet. And no, it doesn’t apply to medical and dental services or anything else.

That’s due, in part, to a change in the political alignment in the National Assembly such that there is now a coalition which is inalterably opposed to it. So not only is it not in effect, it has not been passed, and it appears not to even be on the Assembly’s legislative agenda.

Might such a proposal be resurrected sometime in the futures? Sure. But for now this is a dead issue.

A four tour Vietnam Chief Warrant Officer, by the name of Rambo (his real name;) who trained me to fly Army helicopters in 1973; would stall the aircraft, at the drop of a dime. He pounded in my head every day, “Always have a plan B!” He was right in 1973, and he is still right today! I will believe the proposed tax situations, when I see them. Until then, I remember why I relocated to Costa Rica, and enjoy!

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.