Las crucitas and Infinito LTD

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Las crucitas and Infinito LTD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    aguirrewar

Been watching this for months. Open mine from this company (Canadian) in CR.

Get ready to CRY, CR because the big $$ companies will strip you and poison your eco-system for CENTURIES not decades.

9 tons of explosives to make 1 gold ring

10 tons of cianide per day

300,000 cubic feet of water a day

what the hell is the Government thinking??

http://www.nacion.com/2010-07-27/ElPais/UltimaHora/ElPais2462946.aspx

on top of this they (Infinito LTD) has cornered the CR government with a $50,000 million loan, SO if they do not go along with this one they will be sued and pay

http://www.infinitogold.com/s/News.asp?ReportID=410385&_Type=News&_Title=Infinito-Gold-Ltd.-Announces-the-Release-of-the-Full-SALA-IV-Decision-and-A…

and all of this for $800 million??? for CR

warren

waggoner41

I think a lot of us are aware of how this kind of thing works. Costa Rica had better be prepared to lay some ground rules before any operation is approved.

It doesn’t take long to destroy the entire environment downstream from an operation like that.

There is an open pit molybdenum mine at the top of Fremont pass near Leadville in Colorado and the stream runs as green as oxidized copper. You can even see the green waste pond on Google Earth.

Having reade the article [b]Costa Rica Gold Mine Controversy – An exercise in democracy[/b]despite his opinions regarding this open pit mining issue it is also [b]An Exercise in Environmental Disaster[/b].

The amount of precious metal recovered from this operation will not be worth the devastation to the environment and the citizens of Costa Rica should be up in arms, literally, to drive such operations out of the counttry.

grb1063

I am very familiar with the blue moly lakes on Fremont Pass which has killed many trout downstream. They will leave a nice big cyanide lake behind and when the heavy rains come, anywhere the contaminated water goes will be devoid of life. There were plans for a similar cyanide mine in NE Washington state, but since this is one of the “greenest” of all states, the enviros managed to stall the plan thus far. The destruction these mines cause far exceed any return on the gold extracted!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.