Lake Arenal

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Lake Arenal

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Vmc

[quote=”maravilla”]that’s him. he’s still pontificating on another board so if you want a dose of abuse, you could go over there and listen to him straighten people out on their misconceptions about Monsanto, Costa Rica, GMOs, how to do this or that. . . or not. why should you be deprived of that experience? plunge right in. jejeje[/quote]

Et Tu Trishae?

😀

vriggle

I got lost in the threads………… did anybody ever say what kind of medical care is readily available in the Arenal area? We haven’t visited there yet but it’s on our list of places to check out.

costaricafinca
    Participant

I previously posted “Our friend there told us that residents in the Aguacate area ‘donated funds’, so there would be at least a defibrillator in the area. If I remember correctly, I was told, that the clinic in the near vicinity only operates for one day a week so one has to be prepared to travel.
    Tilaran, is the center of government, commerce, and medical/dental services for the whole Arenal region.”
    In other words, there isn’t much available, in the immediate area.

I have been living at Lake Arenal and Tilarán for 20 years, enjoying the healthy environment, staying away from unhealthy food and habits, and therefore staying away from Doctors and Hospitals. There is a basic hospital in Tilarán and another one in Cañas. For bigger health issues they send you to Liberia, and in some cases from Liberia to San Jose. I had 2 C-sections in San Jose (San Juan del Sur hospital) and my son had appendicitis surgery in Liberia at age 5, both were paid by Caja (CCSS). I had 1 other surgery at a private clinic in Liberia (clinica 25 de julio) where I paid approximately $ 300. A friend of mine died last year from a heart attack, in GERMANY, he was only 46 years old. So I think, if it is your turn, it does not really matter where you are.

scollins

[quote=”VictoriaLST”]After checking out a home in Jaco Beach, we headed up to Lake Arenal for a few days. Just to visit. Just to look at the lake. Just to enjoy the weather. Ok, ok, we bought a house. Not really spur of the moment as we had been researching for 3 years, but unexpected. After all, we flew down to look at beach area property. But we fell in love. Now we have new friends, a great place to dine (Gingerbread House) with an amazing chef (Ayel), and property with a lovely main home, caretaker’s home and 11 acres. Ahhhhhhhhhh[/quote]

Congratulations, I fell in love with the Lake Arenal Area in 2007 and will be moving there in the next 2 years.

wspeed1195

Fairy tale ending. That’s really cool. I love the southern Dominical and OSA area the most. Then la fortuna and Arenal.

bogino
    Participant

[quote=”wspeed1195″]Fairy tale ending. That’s really cool. I love the southern Dominical and OSA area the most. Then la fortuna and Arenal.[/quote]

Agree with the above 100%. Just completed my 2nd trip in 2 years to Osa. For nature lovers it’s 2nd to none.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.