La Nacion article on Singapore

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum La Nacion article on Singapore

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    johnnyh

Did anybody read the article in La Nacion on Singapore? Well, I guess it helps if you read Spanish, which I do.
    The gist of the article is that C.R. better start to get it and emulate Singapore’s “Zero Tolerance” to crime and it’s own political graft.
    Also in today’s edition a man was sent to prison for 20 years for murder. Does that mean that he serves 5 years and then he is freed to kill another person? Perhaps Costa Rica should bring back public hangings, or am I so 20th century?

Andrew
    Keymaster

I did indeed read the article and would suggest that Costa Rica [i]might be[/i] capable of achieving a major cultural transformation and a complete overhaul of the legal system over the space of a 4 or 5 generations that would allow these kinds of major Singapore like improvements but, unless there are significant exterior catalysts (more likely bad than good), I do not expect to see any major changes during our lifetimes here.

johnnyh

Thanks for bringing me back to earth! I had a relapse of naivete, if you know what I mean. As you know Scott, I live in California and someday will retire in Costa Rica as I’m Tico on my mom’s side, and we here in the states can’t seem to get our act together, so how can I expect the same of Costa Rica. LOL big time! 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.