La Casona de Laly Restaurant in Escazu

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum La Casona de Laly Restaurant in Escazu

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bstckmn

The recent article about Escazu was interesting, but it was not very specific about some details. The soda La Casona looks promising, but it is not at all clear where it is. Judging from the picture, it might be in Escazu Centro, but maybe not. If anybody knows more about directions, please post. Thanks. DC Bob

Andrew
    Keymaster

From ScotiaBank in Escazu, drive straight up the hill past AutoMercado until you are forced to veer right.

Follow the road straight for about 200M – go past ‘The Pub’ and the La Casona de Laly restaurant is on your right hand side.

Parking’s not always easy but you’ll certainly find good Tico food at great prices. The last time I was there I ordered the tongue which was tasty…

Scott

bstckmn

Thanks, Scott. I thought it looked familiar. It might be fun for WLCR members to post local food or shopping “finds” like this from time to time. As my contribution, I offer Mr. Fish in the small shopping center at the intersection of the road that tunnnels under the pista on the way to EPA in Escazu San Rafael (just down the road west from Hipermas). Really, this tip came from my neighbor Ulf who has very high standards for fish mongers.

[quote=”Scott”]From ScotiaBank in Escazu, drive straight up the hill past AutoMercado until you are forced to veer right.

Follow the road straight for about 200M – go past ‘The Pub’ and the La Casona de Laly restaurant is on your right hand side.

Parking’s not always easy but you’ll certainly find good Tico food at great prices. The last time I was there I ordered the tongue which was tasty…

Scott[/quote]

Andrew
    Keymaster

There can’t be too many ‘Ulf’s in the area so would it be safe for me to assume you’re referring to the Ulf featured at [ https://www.welovecostarica.com/public/549.cfm ]

Scott

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”bstckmn”]The recent article about Escazu was interesting, but it was not very specific about some details. The soda La Casona looks promising, but it is not at all clear where it is. Judging from the picture, it might be in Escazu Centro, but maybe not. If anybody knows more about directions, please post. Thanks. DC Bob[/quote]

UMMMM, chiccarones (spelling?) at Laly’s, can’t be beat!
    But the interesting thing about your post is the date & time… [b]1/11/11 @ 11:11 [/b]- how did you pull that off? Coincidence?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.