It is close to that time when we retire to Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum It is close to that time when we retire to Costa Rica

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    aguirrewar

I lived in CR in the 1970’s

left and visited in the 1980-1990

Now 45 days away from a FULL retirement and heading south in the 2013 year

I will not be carrying a suit case this time and will not be in CR for a couple of weeks but for the rest of my life.

Born in a small island in the Carribean, raised in Verdun, France then joined the US Army and was stationed in Europe and Central America, did I TRAVEL??? many times

But the road ends at some point and that point is very close now

NO alarm clock and NO uniform to wear besides I will not have to CLOCK in anymore

Other things that must be done is set a Bank account in CR and most important is to let go of the DOG eat DOG mentality of the USA and understand CR

you might think it is a JUMP in Faith but I have a cushion, have a house already in CR and a CR wife

Gallo Pinto will replace the Burger King, LOL

Sailor

I can relate. I am also military retired, and traveled to places most people cannot spell. I got tired of going on important missions no one ever knew about, or cared about once it was over.

I also have a home in Guancaste. I look forward to doing nothing but sailing, fishing, and chasing my wife around the house!

Like you, I would rather eat Gallo Pinto, I don’t eat junk food.

Pura Vida.

costaricafinca
    Participant

Luckily, you have a Costa Rican wife, as getting a bank account without a [i]cedula[/i] is a major pain, according to some 😮 as is acquiring a CR drivers license.

VictoriaLST

Welcome home. 😀

johnnyh

Now that we are talking about gallo pinto, is it true that everything is going up in price in C.R? I have friends and family in C.R. that are complaining about price increases.
    I’m not the type that eats red meat, and I’m completely happy eating Jasmine rice, black beans, chayote and green beans, chicken and fish. In other words, I love vegetables, and I hope these don’t go up too much in C.R. This of course is for future reference, but then I just came back from Stater Brothers here in Tustin Calimexico and formerly from Lost Angeles, and prices just keep going up and up. I just paid $1.79 for celery, banana squash .99lb $1.19, squash was at $1.49 a pound. Gasoline by the way has gone up to $4.15 and higher per gallon. Inflation is really showing its ugly face.

lvc1028

[quote=”aguirrewar”]I lived in CR in the 1970’s

I will not be carrying a suit case this time and will not be in CR for a couple of weeks but for the rest of my life.

Born in a small island in the Carribean, raised in Verdun, France then joined the US Army and was stationed in Europe and Central America, did I TRAVEL??? many times

NO alarm clock and NO uniform to wear besides I will not have to CLOCK in anymore

Other things that must be done is set a Bank account in CR and most important is to let go of the DOG eat DOG mentality of the USA and understand CR

you might think it is a JUMP in Faith but I have a cushion, have a house already in CR and a CR wife

[/quote]

A leap of faith? I don’t think so. You’ve already lived there before, you have a CR wife and you own a house. It sounds like you are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of us who hope to retire there in the upcoming years.

You’ve worked hard and now it’s time to relax a little and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Congratulations on your upcoming retirement and many, many years of happy times in CR!

waggoner41

[quote=”aguirrewar”]I lived in CR in the 1970’s

[/quote]

Welcome home!

aguirrewar

One thing I considered about retirement in CR was at what age

I am not 30, 40 50 but in the 60’s and I don’t need to see the Beach anymore, or the secluded areas

living right across the best hospital in CR is fine with me

did the beach, camping, hunting, swimming deals

now is the time to live in the City with the negatives that are included

you might not think about it but at some time in your life YOU WILL DIAL 911

VictoriaLST

Yes, that 911 thing is nice. Up here near the lake, we formed a private response group with oxy, defibrillator, supplies and training. Multiple responses over the last few years and its working very well. Sort of a volunteer EMT group.

waggoner41

[quote=”aguirrewar”]One thing I considered about retirement in CR was at what age

I am not 30, 40 50 but in the 60’s and I don’t need to see the Beach anymore, or the secluded areas

living right across the best hospital in CR is fine with me

did the beach, camping, hunting, swimming deals

now is the time to live in the City with the negatives that are included

you might not think about it but at some time in your life YOU WILL DIAL 911[/quote]

At age 71 I have never needed 911. I live too far out in a place too poor for the ladrones to bother with us and Cruz Roja has been called once but they are only a mile away and response is immediate.

City living sucks with all the crowds. I love it here and have many friends.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.