IRS Scare Tactics. As usual at this time of the year…

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum IRS Scare Tactics. As usual at this time of the year…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

At this time of the year – close to tax filing time – there are always a few stories carefully and aggressively promoted to encourage all U.S., citizens to make sure they are paying every dime possible to the IRS.

Alaska Plastic Surgeon Faces Forfeiture Of $4.656 Million For Undisclosed Offshore Account Used To Attempt To Cheat Ex-Wife

“Thanks to the U.S. crackdown on offshore tax evaders, it’s gotten harder to hide money from your ex-spouse. Striking evidence of that comes from a lawsuit the U.S. Attorney for the Central District of California filed last month after Homeland Security agents seized $4.7 million from a Bank of America account allegedly belonging to an Alaska M.D. intent on depriving his ex-wife of assets the court said she was due.”

[ http://www.forbes.com/sites/janetnovack/2012/03/16/hiding-millions-from-your-ex-gets-harder-thanks-to-offshore-tax-crackdown/ ]

sprite

If I were a multi millionaire hiding assets, I might be scared. But how is a story about fat cats predating other fat cats supposed to scare me?

Ahh..the IRS, or should I say the U.S. Government “Gestopo.” The solution, precious metals, stored in IRS Safe Countries!

maravilla

what countries would those be now that the IRS made Switzerland, liechtenstein, and a few other tax havens buckle under the threat of financial devastation?

raggedjack

[quote=”sprite”]If I were a multi millionaire hiding assets, I might be scared. But how is a story about fat cats predating other fat cats supposed to scare me?
    [/quote]

Yeah, I hope one day they don’t come after me for hiding my 4.7 thousand dollars!

maravilla

here’s an interesting article on the new filiing requirements that i saw in Escape From America.

http://overseas-expat-taxes.escapeartist.com/newsletter/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.