iPad

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    resnick

I have a iPad and I am wondering if I am able to bring it along and if I have internet connection in the Oso Penninsula region?:D

costaricabill
    Participant

[quote=”resnick”]I have a iPad and I am wondering if I am able to bring it along and if I have internet connection in the Oso Penninsula region?:D[/quote]

I have the wifi verson of the iPad and it works fine as long as I can access a wifi network. I haven’t encountered anywone with the 3G version of the iPad here, but I imagine it would work similar to a 3G phone and be must be able to access the ICE cellular network. Does that mean it must be “unlocked” or is it possible to “unlock” an iPad…..I have no idea. I’ll ask a more knowledgeable friend and try to find out.

LVLazarus

If I’m not mistaken, as long as wifi is available where you are, you should have no problem. The 3G aspect is likely a whole other ballgame. The iPad SIM is smaller so you would not be able to exchange SIM in the same way we do with our phones. Attempting to cut a regular SIM to size might be problematic. I’ve heard that suggested, but don’t know if anyone has been successful in the attempt. Could also prove to be a little expensive should one fail.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.