Investing in reforestation in Costa Rica – forestales alegria

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Investing in reforestation in Costa Rica – forestales alegria

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    DavidCMurray
    Participant

Here’s my take . . .

The “chained CPI” will be adopted by Congress and approved by the President. Its effect will be much more devastating on seniors than anyone has suggested. And the impact will be felt much sooner than anyone will admit.

The premise behind the chained CPI is that as one thing becomes more expensive, people will opt for less expensive alternatives. So, for instance, if beef becomes prohibitively expensive, people will move to pork, then chicken, then fish and then eggs. Eventually, of course, people will exhaust all the affordable options.

As a result, people in remote areas (think the Lake Arenal area) will be the first to resort to kidnapping young children from local families and fattening them in carefully concealed outdoor pens before butchering in an effort to meet their protein needs. The movement to subsist on human flesh will be led worldwide by well meaning women who follow VictoriaLST’s initiative.

Unlikely? No, you read it on the Internet.

Kwhite1

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Here’s my take . . .

The “chained CPI” will be adopted by Congress and approved by the President. Its effect will be much more devastating on seniors than anyone has suggested. And the impact will be felt much sooner than anyone will admit.

The premise behind the chained CPI is that as one thing becomes more expensive, people will opt for less expensive alternatives. So, for instance, if beef becomes prohibitively expensive, people will move to pork, then chicken, then fish and then eggs. Eventually, of course, people will exhaust all the affordable options.

As a result, people in remote areas (think the Lake Arenal area) will be the first to resort to kidnapping young children from local families and fattening them in carefully concealed outdoor pens before butchering in an effort to meet their protein needs. The movement to subsist on human flesh will be led worldwide by well meaning women who follow VictoriaLST’s initiative.

[/quote]

David, I knew you would see the big picture, there is hope for you yet. I could not have laid out a better example!

jmcbuilder
    Participant

[quote=”DavidCMurray”][quote=”jmcbuilder”]The groundwork is being laid for the taxation of US citizens abroad. Sorry I’m two steps ahead in thinking!![/quote]

Sorry, jmc, but you are at least two steps behind, not ahead. The IRS Code has, for decades, provided for universal taxation of the income of U.S. citizens. It ain’t nuthin’ new. You can ask anyone who actually lives outside the U.S.

And while you can slog through the process of renouncing your U.S. citizenship, you will continue to be liable for U.S. income taxes for something like ten years after your renunciation, so that will provide you little shelter.

Too, income derived in the U.S., regardless of the citizenship of the recipient, is subject to taxation by the IRS. So if, for example, you renounce your citizenship but make taxable withdrawals from an IRA, receive Social Security, have residual income from royalties, rents, etc, you still have to pay U.S. federal income taxes.[/quote]

David, foolish insult. Me denounce my citizenship. I have never said that was my intention. Personally take it all, just leave me alone. One of my German friends for sure does not have this problem. I’m not or never will be the slave of the US. You must think me simple!! By the way I have lived outside the US, and perhaps longer than you. When my second cousin ran for president of the US I can’t remember the corruption being so intense. Since you live abroad perhaps the intense feeling I have you can’t understand.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”jmcbuilder”]
    David, foolish insult.[/quote]

jmc, I intended no insult. If you perceived one, please accept my apology.

jmcbuilder
    Participant

[quote=”DavidCMurray”][quote=”jmcbuilder”]
    David, foolish insult.[/quote]

jmc, I intended no insult. If you perceived one, please accept my apology.

[/quote]

David, no insult taken. I have spent a lifetime building a small future for myself. There has been many hardships in my life, like everyone else. My hard work should have some value, my charity has some value, I choose my destiny, and no government owns me. Remember I’m the product of the great generation!

jmcbuilder
    Participant

[quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”DavidCMurray”]Here’s my take . . .

[/quote]

David, I knew you would see the big picture, there is hope for you yet. I could not have laid out a better example![/quote]

This sounds like Soilent Green. The truth is stranger than fiction. Does anyone know where that expression comes from, being a philistine and all?

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Soylent Green was a 1973 science fiction movie. You can read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

My take on it is that Victoria won’t have the technology available to convert the neighborhood children to soylent green and will, instead, simply develop the techniques to fatten, harvest and prepare them using conventional means.

Remember, you read it here first.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

RE: the two previous replies to this thread

Nice work!

jmcbuilder
    Participant

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”jmcbuilder”]
    Turns out there is a 3.8% tax on the sale of my personal home in the obamanation healthcare bill. That represents over 50k tax on me and I haven’t earned over 50k a year for the last 6 years.[/quote]

And one more thing, if a 3.8% tax on the sale of your home amounts to a tax of $50,000 it must mean that your home is worth $1.3 million. Lucky you!![/quote]

This 3.8 percent tax on your home came from News media sources. I hope your correct. My capital gains will exceed $200,000 sounds like a tax for me.

The value of my home is high. This was not luck, but a lifetime of hard work. There wasn’t any programs for me to get in your pocket at the time. Obama has proposed a program to help unqualified individuals home ownership, seems to me that was what started the mess to begin with. Would you like to have my $9600 property tax bill. Home for sale!!

jmcbuilder
    Participant

[quote=”DavidCMurray”]Soylent Green was a 1973 science fiction movie. You can read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

My take on it is that Victoria won’t have the technology available to convert the neighborhood children to soylent green and will, instead, simply develop the techniques to fatten, harvest and prepare them using conventional means.

Remember, you read it here first.
    [/quote]

What wine do you recommend? The cannibals say we taste like pork. hahaha

DavidCMurray
    Participant

(With apologies to costaricabill) I’d recommend either the red or the white available at MaxiPali in the boxes with the Grosso label.

Kwhite1

[quote=”jmcbuilder”][quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”jmcbuilder”]
    Turns out there is a 3.8% tax on the sale of my personal home in the obamanation healthcare bill. That represents over 50k tax on me and I haven’t earned over 50k a year for the last 6 years.[/quote]

And one more thing, if a 3.8% tax on the sale of your home amounts to a tax of $50,000 it must mean that your home is worth $1.3 million. Lucky you!![/quote]

This 3.8 percent tax on your home came from News media sources. I hope your correct. My capital gains will exceed $200,000 sounds like a tax for me.

The value of my home is high. This was not luck, but a lifetime of hard work. There wasn’t any programs for me to get in your pocket at the time. Obama has proposed a program to help unqualified individuals home ownership, seems to me that was what started the mess to begin with. Would you like to have my $9600 property tax bill. Home for sale!![/quote]

JMC, I just want to make sure that you pay your fair share my friend, don’t try to weasel out of the taxes you owe!

I think it is glorious that if you have worked harder or just been plan luckier in life, that you should have to pay more. I love the flat tax concept, albeit it needs some fine tuning, if you make $1,000,000 US then you pay $150,000, if you make $100,000, you pay $15,000, and so on.

jmcbuilder
    Participant

[quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”jmcbuilder”][quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”jmcbuilder”]

The value of my home is high. This was not luck, but a lifetime of hard work. There wasn’t any programs for me to get in your pocket at the time. Obama has proposed a program to help unqualified individuals home ownership, seems to me that was what started the mess to begin with. Would you like to have my $9600 property tax bill. Home for sale!![/quote]

JMC, I just want to make sure that you pay your fair share my friend, don’t try to weasel out of the taxes you owe!

I think it is glorious that if you have worked harder or just been plan luckier in life, that you should have to pay more. I love the flat tax concept, albeit it needs some fine tuning, if you make $1,000,000 US then you pay $150,000, if you make $100,000, you pay $15,000, and so on.
    [/quote]

Taxes are fine as long as they are reasonable with everyone and I mean everyone carrying their share of the load. Today my hands hurt from manual labor, this is where my capital gains are coming from not a stock market investment but from the sweat of my brow. I’m looking forward to paying lots of taxes in Costa Rica, maybe they will use the money more wisely.

Kwhite1

[quote=”jmcbuilder”][quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”jmcbuilder”][quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”jmcbuilder”]

[/quote]

Taxes are fine as long as they are reasonable with everyone and I mean everyone carrying their share of the load. Today my hands hurt from manual labor, this is where my capital gains are coming from not a stock market investment but from the sweat of my brow. I’m looking forward to paying lots of taxes in Costa Rica, maybe they will use the money more wisely.[/quote]

That has been my complaint all along, why should I pay more than my neighbor is did not take the risk of starting HIS own business. The answer lies in “everyone gets a trophy”.

Think about that phrase, everyone gets a trophy. When you played little league or high school ball (back in the day), I spent the 1st 2 seasons playing left bench, why? Because I sucked!! The ones who worked harder got the play time. The ones who did not play as well got less play time, I was forced to work harder and get better if I wanted field time.

When my daughter was 6, I coached the soccer team, I was cautioned by the league because I was too concerned about the score, I was told that we don’t keep score, it just about the experience. At the end of the year, every player got the same sized trophy as the team that crushed everyone. That taught all those kiddos that you really don’t need to try, you’ll get a trophy even if you lose….umm welfare anyone? Ohhh!! American Idol is on!! (plus I learned that I suck as a soccer coach).

jmcbuilder
    Participant

[quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”jmcbuilder”][quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”jmcbuilder”][quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”jmcbuilder”]

[/quote]

Taxes are fine as long as they are reasonable with everyone and I mean everyone carrying their share of the load. Today my hands hurt from manual labor, this is where my capital gains are coming from not a stock market investment but from the sweat of my brow. I’m looking forward to paying lots of taxes in Costa Rica, maybe they will use the money more wisely.[/quote]

That has been my complaint all along, why should I pay more than my neighbor is did not take the risk of starting HIS own business. The answer lies in “everyone gets a trophy”.

Think about that phrase, everyone gets a trophy. When you played little league or high school ball (back in the day), I spent the 1st 2 seasons playing left bench, why? Because I sucked!! The ones who worked harder got the play time. The ones who did not play as well got less play time, I was forced to work harder and get better if I wanted field time.

When my daughter was 6, I coached the soccer team, I was cautioned by the league because I was too concerned about the score, I was told that we don’t keep score, it just about the experience. At the end of the year, every player got the same sized trophy as the team that crushed everyone. That taught all those kiddos that you really don’t need to try, you’ll get a trophy even if you lose….umm welfare anyone? Ohhh!! American Idol is on!! (plus I learned that I suck as a soccer coach).[/quote]

Kwhite, I’m a big fan of those that went out on their own, took the risk, paid their dues, paid their taxes, fought off legal attack, complied with all of big brothers rules, only to put in long hours for some financial gain and I think of all those that went for it and failed still deserving respect. Shame on the rest that only wish a penalty on those folks and didn’t have the guts to do it themselves.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.