Internet Connection?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Internet Connection?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ratus

Greetings all. We have moved into our home in Coco, but are having a problem setting up internet, and were wondering if we could get some suggestions. Our home does not have digital cable to the house, so internet through Tigo is not possible. We have ICE coming to install a phone line and internet, but those lines are probably old analog also. SO….any suggestions on what wecan use ? TIA <:

costaricafinca
    Participant

No…you will just have to grin and bear it!
    We have no choice but to use Kolbi 3g and it is [b]awful[/b]! So to us, and ICE phone line and internet would be [i]nearly[/i] as good as winning the lottery.:roll:
    I have read recently, that some of the cable companies and those offering internet access will not provide service to non-residents, i.e. as having a[i] cedula[/i] in your hand.

ratus

[quote=”costaricafinca”]No…you will just have to grin and bear it!
    We have no choice but to use Kolbi 3g and it is [b]awful[/b]! So to us, and ICE phone line and internet would be [i]nearly[/i] as good as winning the lottery.:roll:
    I have read recently, that some of the cable companies and those offering internet access will not provide service to non-residents, i.e. as having a[i] cedula[/i] in your hand.[/quote]

Thanks for info<;
    ICE requested a copy of the past invoice from the house, passports, and a copy of our cedula ( we have started immigration process) …then they went ahead and set up the install. Luckily we were able to get this done in the small town of Filadelfia, so it went smooth:roll:

pebo1

Depending on where you live, if CRWifi reaches you it’s well worth the money—-about $45 for basic and professional service. We’ve had it one year, very reliable and emails or calls will be answered in an expedient manner.

ratus

[quote=”pebo1″]Depending on where you live, if CRWifi reaches you it’s well worth the money—-about $45 for basic and professional service. We’ve had it one year, very reliable and emails or calls will be answered in an expedient manner.[/quote]

We miss CR Wifi by about 20 miles…gonna try DSL through the phone line and see what kind of speed I can get.
    Thanks all

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.