indentity theft / on line security

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum indentity theft / on line security

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    costaricabill
    Participant

Does anyone use (and recommend) one of the identity theft services, and/or on line security companies for file protection?
    If so, please share your thoughts and experience.
    Gracias!

waggoner41

[quote=”costaricabill”]Does anyone use (and recommend) one of the identity theft services, and/or on line security companies for file protection?
    If so, please share your thoughts and experience.
    Gracias![/quote]

I’ve never used anything like that, Bill.

If anyone stole my identity and looked at my financial situation they would probably take pity on me and make a deposit to my bank account. 😆

sprite

The best method for avoiding identity theft is to get off of the financial grid as much as is practical for your situation.

If your wealth is mostly of the paper and electronic kind, you are already suffering an actual loss… and not from identity theft either. Inflation is degrading the value of fiat currency on a daily basis. Inflation is not a potential loss, it is a real, actual and ongoing loss whereas identity theft is only a potential.

waggoner41

[quote=”sprite”]The best method for avoiding identity theft is to get off of the financial grid as much as is practical for your situation.

If your wealth is mostly of the paper and electronic kind, you are already suffering an actual loss… and not from identity theft either. Inflation is degrading the value of fiat currency on a daily basis. Inflation is not a potential loss, it is a real, actual and ongoing loss whereas identity theft is only a potential.[/quote]

Lucky me. The only assts I own are concrete and dirt in the home and the land that it sits on.
    Of course I realize that my retirement income is taking a beating but if there isn’t much income there isn’t much to lose. 😆
    The kids ask me why I never lock my beat up 1980 Datsun pickup and I just tell them I would have to feel sorry for the thief and probably find it within 1/2 mile.

You are such a pessimist, Sprite

sprite

Hope is a destructive emotion in that it is misleading and not based in fact. I prefer a pragmatic attitude over a hopeful one.

We can all sit here and hope for a future or we can plan for one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.