In Defense – Violence in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum In Defense – Violence in Costa Rica

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Marcia

Hi Alfred,
    It appears that violence has become part of our lives just like diseases. The only thing we can do is protect ourselves and our families as best we can. It’s become an epidemic and it’s world wide. No country is exempt. You’re right about the happenings selling papers and making for (to some) exciting news coverage on TV. As far as I can see there is no answer. I’m not an overtly religious person but it’s all explained in the Book of Revelations. The world is grossly over populated and the happenings are one of the consequences; so the Good Book says. Thank you for your comments.

Alfred

Marcia, I agree with the fact that violence has become more and more part of our lives like diseases. It is a shame in this “modern” age we cannot come up with an answer. People generally want to live out their lives in peace. In fact I don’t know anyone personally who does not. I don’t know if over population is the cause. My thinking leads me to believe a lack of personal responsibilty, lack of caring and intact families, and an overall selfishness that seems to be invading cultures worldwide is at least part to blame. We can’t expect governments to provide us with the basic moral compass we are so desperately in need of. I think we all need to be part of the restoration of civilization. But we all are so busy with our own lives it is difficult to find the time to help others. I’m just as guilty as the next guy. We all have a purpose here, and it’s not for our own entertainment. One day we hopefully we will come to that realization. As far as the book of Revelation is concerned, it does look like we are headed toward that end. May God bless and help us all.

Alfred

An update on my own post. Drugs the police say, were most likely involved in the stabbing murders in upstate NY.

vegasknite

I will not start or get into anyones religious beliefs. The crime problem in my opinion are acts of free will which we all have so I will keep God or the words written in any bible or book out of it. If parents had parented if children didn’t become parents if drug addiction was treated as an illness instead of crime against humanity maybe we would have less crime. True when you have more people in a concentrated area you have more crime but is it more per capita you may find out not in many cases. If you take a good look at the US over the past 30 years you would find the number of street gangs have increased and the locations they pop up in might surprise you. Just as prostitution is one of the leading past times of the surbuban female youth. They patrol the malls at 15 years of age soliciting men to get the designer clothes and bag of pot they want. While mommy is out doing 6 different men week nights daddy is with his 15 years his junior new wife in his new apartment and their daughters are having sex for money with tow truck drivers mechanics or the married neighbor who hasn’t left his wife of 20 years yet for his new young wife.

Blame yourselves for the problem of crime in our society because as they said in the 60s if you aren’t part of the solution then you are part of the problem. You want to do things report crime when you see it help the guy getting mugged if you are there form and participate in neighborhood watch programs vote for the best people allow drug treatment centers in your neighborhoods or stop your whinning. If you think Costa Rica is your escape from crime get your head out of the hershey highway you carry behind you while it is better there than most US cities it is getting worse and that will continue without changes there. It’s not about the papers reporting it it’s about the drugs lack of parenting and the younger generations lack of caring for human life. Its about the hopeless feelings in poverty stricken areas of discipline you get with single parent homes and also yuppie to busy to parent homes. Crime isn’t the end of the world it is the end of peace as we know it.

Edited on Jan 28, 2007 14:00

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.