I’m comming….I’m comming

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum I’m comming….I’m comming

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    terrycook

No nasaty thoughts please…..After a year or more of thinking and plannng and reading everything I could, Of course this site is my bible!
    I will be leaving this next weekend Sunday the 19th Feb. As I mentioned earlier I thought about taking the bus From AUSTIN Texas all the way to San Jose! Yes you read correctly. It does not save very much money if any but I look forward to the adventure and the sight seeing.
    It was nearly impossible to find out any real concrete info on this process on the internet or elsewhere but I “think” I might have it right? I promised Scott I would take pictures and a log to see if what is suppose to happen really does.
    My plans are for long term stay working to Rentista when I get the bucks together. Ultimately I very well may work toward Citizenship.
    I am fed-up with all the B.S. of the U.S government, taxes, wars and all the rest that goes with the package. My wife (of 35 years) has hesitatingly allowed me to proceed her to get the lay of the land and perhaps find some type of work that is legal and yet fun and hopefully rewarding. She will retire in 3 years from her teaching job. Depending where you live you will think this is crazy but finding a job in Austin Texas when you are 57 is near impossible. I have many friends in the same boat…all over a year – 3 and no jobs. I was even turned down for a “parking lot attendent” at $5.14 per hour over 100= job applications an ZERO offers..with me asking for no limit on income…also a friend has applied to over 1,000 Jobs and no job (she is white anglo, bi-lingual, and a wiz on the computer. There are over 100 applicants to job openings (UGH)

Anyway the point is sitting around here doing nothing is bad for the heart, mind and sole. I am both excited and scared at what awaits me…although scared has never been a part of my vocabulary before.

As you said when you were a kid playing hid-&-seek…READY or NOT HERE I COME…
    Terry From Texas
    Terry Cook

jessicab

Good job Terry – I will also try to convince my husband to move
    from Texas to CR in the next 8-12 months.
    We’re spending almost a month there starting next week.
    Hope all goes well with both of you.

Jessica from Plano, Texas

bavani

Hi Terry,
    Can you please share details about the bus from Austin Texas to Costa Rica? I’d love to be able to take a bus to Costa Rica. Any and all details would be greatly appreciated. You can email me at: bavani@insightbb.com, or if you prefer you can post a reply to this thread, as others may be interested knowing the bus nitty gritty as well.

Thanks,

Char

audears

My husband can relate to the job situation very well(chicago area)!! Seems like all the women on my street work, and the men have been out of work for 1-3 years–and not for lack of trying! Can’t wait to hear about your adventure! Keep a journal if it’s your thing, and definitely post pix if you can! It’ll be nice to hear your assessment of the different areas you visit, as well as the trip itself. How long are you staying for this trip? Have a fabulous time!!! (I’m envious!) Adele

terrycook

First, to Bavani I am hesitant to tell everyone how it works until I find out IF it works. Should only be a week or two before I can get back on line either this site or what ever Scott O. thinks best for the good of all.

AudEars….Thanks for the support…one clarification is my “trip” is hopefully forever..with the exception of trips to a foreigh country called the United States..which will be at most a second home or a place to visit…
    All for now
    Terry Cook

nicole

We aer also in Texas and on the move to CR I want to go by the end of march we are selling 18 years worth of stuff to live the simple life if you talk your husband into moving let us know maybe we can help with the lay of the land haha Nicole

nicole

We aer also in Texas and on the move to CR I want to go by the end of march we are selling 18 years worth of stuff to live the simple life if you talk your husband into moving let us know maybe we can help with the lay of the land haha Nicole

enotsm

Terry, this sounds like a good thing…I`ve have a sister that lives in cr on west coast and has been telling me to move down.I live in rochester, new york near buffalo.now I just sold my business, and was thinking of starting a logistics business in cr but am waiting for cafta to pass in cr…any way have a great trip

Has Terry made it to C.R.? My husband and I are starting the process also of relocating from Michigan to the Caribe coast. We have a dog and we looking into the possibility of driving the Pan Am highway. Hope to hear from Terry and I’m glad I found this website through Scott’s book. -Melissa-

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.