I’m A British Citizen and Obviously NOT Free!

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum I’m A British Citizen and Obviously NOT Free!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

I have to agree with davidd about you – sweikert925

[b]”You actually scare me too sweikert925!”[/b]

I can picture you now, helping Homeland Security to herd your friends and family into the FEMA camps “for their security” with a smile on your face….

Scott

Andrew
    Keymaster

As Kwhite so eloquently put it: “when you feed quarters into the machine and pull the handle, you already know what happens next, the wheels spin, sometimes you win and most of the time you lose and put more quarters into the machine and do it again…. The simple solution to always win, [b]don’t feed quarters into the machine![/b]”

I won’t be putting any more quarters in your machine mate, in fact, I won’t even bother reading your comments or responding to you at all – I make a great living and have an extraordinary life but I do have to be careful where I invest my time and energy and, responding to you is a total waste of time.

You and I live on very different planets and I hope you stay on yours because you will not be happy living in Costa Rica.

Kwhite1

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”Scott”]Have you seen what’s in a British passport lately?[/quote]
    Lately? [url=http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/lords/1955/nov/01/rights-to-a-british-passport]Hardly[/url].[/quote]

Wow, you got snubbed by the owner, moderator, and general guru of the site…..didn’t win any points there mate. Might that be an insight of how NOT to post on here in future. It may have been said here in the past and I missed it, but I have seen a whole bunch of post from you in the past that try to correct or “school” those that have better understanding of living out of the US with diluted facts and your own logic. Try to understand that the fine folk that left the US, left for a reason very typical of dealing with likes of being “schooled” and told they are wrong by people very similar to you.

Some unsolicited advice Steve, quit trying to make your point to people that live outside of the states when you live in the states. You will not be taken seriously until you have a PO box other than Chicago.

sstarkey

The U.S., and to a lesser extent the U.K. have, in my view, slowly evolved into being what I call “The Lands of No”.

I’d love to publish a nice “coffee table” book with the pics I’ve taken of “If you Do This you will PAY” signage that permeates the landscapes.

Uggghhhh.

It’s a bit like a frog being boiled in a pot of water.

So, yes, I understand Scott’s sentiments about his passport’s polite “FYI, We Own Your Ass” notice. I’m sure there’s some valid reasoning behind it, but, heck, if I were holding a British passport, I’d be feeling a bit “froggish” too. 🙂

davidd

sweikert925

That is not the case here at all.. just agree with everyone.. everyone here that lives here has added many helpful real life situations and understand that many times there is a big difference between..

what is supposed to happen and what actually happens.. and what is the acceptable behavior within those boundaries.

It amazes me how people still.. I dont know.. be so naive.. for lack of a better word with regards to issues like government etc.

I don’t quite understand it.. this bubble like mentality.

I can only assume that many people lack the ability to see things for what they are instead they see things how they wish them to be and unless an outside force comes and slaps them on the head.. they will never be able to see

david

PS. by the way.. this board is full of fine people and has been here for many years.. so it will be still around when and if you will break out of your comfort zone and make a move. although I doubt it.

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”Kwhite1″]Wow, you got snubbed by the owner, moderator, and general guru of the site…..didn’t win any points there mate.[/quote]
    Unlike you (apparently), I don’t post comments here with the intention of winning points with Scott.

[quote=”Kwhite1″]You will not be taken seriously until you have a PO box other than Chicago.[/quote]

I doubt my current place of residence has anything to do with it. The real rules here are “agree with the hard right wing views we express or risk being ridiculed and abused”. Once I arrive in CR and continue to post my opinions (if this message board is still in business) you’ll no doubt find some new reason why my views are worthless. The only views you take seriously are the ones that are 100% in agreement with your own.

[Scott, you and others who live in CR have much more knowledge about CR and I have NEVER said anything to contradict that. Never. But one thing I’m pretty sure your knowledge about CR doesn’t allow you to decide is where I will or won’t be happy. That comment was pretty arrogant. For someone who continually obsesses about freedom you seem awfully quick to deny me the freedom to make that decision for myself.]

I don’t suppose we’ll ever know what was on Scott’s mind since he considers it beneath him to engage in any further discussion with someone who has the nerve to have a different point of view. But I would love to know why, with all the advantages he has – wealth, health, a loving family, a successful business and a fantastic home in one of the most beautiful places on earth he got up one day and decided “Today the thing that most urgently needs my attention is to post a rant on a message board (which is supposed to be all about living in Costa Rica) about what is printed on page 3 of my passport” – something which has been appearing on British passports since at least 1951.[/quote]

davidd

Sweikert

I know you love to waste time on your employers dime so here is a cool game for you to enjoy

http://www.geoguessr.com

fishrman

Yes, unfortunately there are WAY TOO MANY sheeple out there who continue and will always continue to drink the Kool-Aid that Big Brother puts out there, simply because they are unable or unwilling to use their own minds to see the reality happening right in front of them. Sure, it is a lot easier to just go thru life ignorant to the realities of the world than it is to use the grey matter between your ears and connect the dots to see what is truly going on in the world. If you do not question everything government is doing, when they are supposed to be working for YOU, not the other way around! Wake UP SHEEPLE!

davidd

[size=200]TOUCHÉ[/size] :roll::roll::roll:

[quote=”sweikert925″]From the message board guidelines:
    [i]
    This site is called WeLoveCostaRica.com and 99% of us do love living here so if you just want to whine, complain and post negative comments in the Forum without offering sensible solutions, don’t bother posting!

By popular demand we ask that you refrain from straying into U.S. politics except where it directly affects Costa Rica or people living in Costa Rica.*[/i]

* Unless you want to whine, complain and post negative comments about anything to do with government, in which case go right ahead![/quote]

fishrman

[quote=”davidd”][size=200]TOUCHÉ[/size] :roll::roll::roll:

[quote=”sweikert925″]From the message board guidelines:
    [i]
    This site is called WeLoveCostaRica.com and 99% of us do love living here so if you just want to whine, complain and post negative comments in the Forum without offering sensible solutions, don’t bother posting!

By popular demand we ask that you refrain from straying into U.S. politics except where it directly affects Costa Rica or people living in Costa Rica.*[/i]

How about this then, wake the masses out of their deep slumber and have them vote out ALL of the current crop of state and federal legislators and we start over with a whole new group who pledge to bring the country (USA) back to it’s roots as a Republic and give the people back their individual freedoms and liberties as “guaranteed” us under the Constitution and the amendments to that document? There does that offer a solution,and thus stay w/in the guidelines? Or is that too radical for you?
    * Unless you want to whine, complain and post negative comments about anything to do with government, in which case go right ahead![/quote][/quote]

davidd

fishrman

that is actually a GREAT idea.. fire them all.. sadly this is more of a dream.. a nice dream 🙂

actually it would really not be necessary to go to this extreme. as the founding fathers always have said with regards to Government..

“Limiting Government” keep it small

the Federal government has just become this monster that needs to be constantly fed with tax payers monies..

that is whats great about Costa Rica.. the government is small enough that you can really minimize your interactions with the bureaucracy

[quote=”sweikert925″][quote=”fishrman”]There does that offer a solution,and thus stay w/in the guidelines? [/quote]

[i]By popular demand we ask that you refrain from straying into U.S. politics except where it directly affects Costa Rica or people living in Costa Rica.*[/i]

And how is your comment above in keeping with “not straying into U.S. politics” and how does your “sensible solution” affect Costa Rica or people living in Costa Rica?

I suppose in your plan to wake the masses the first step is to insult them by calling them sleeping masses and “sheeple”. Excellent plan![/quote]

Jerry

Now, correct me if I am wrong (as I am sure someone will), but the US passport is NOT for entry to any foreign country. Any country can allow or disallow entry to anyone for whatever reason, passport or not. Except that a passport (valid of course) bearing US citizen cannot be refused reentry. The passports purpose is to validate your right to enter as a US citizen. The older passports even had a statement saying it was not for ID, but for US entry only. My answer to this post is to obtain CR citizenship, which I initiated some time ago… before the “crisis” OR any banking BS.

davidd

is this true??? interesting I was not aware of this..

so technically you only need the U.S. passport for rentry to the U.S.

which makes sense .. I remember the days I used to come to costar rica.. only with my U.S. drivers license.

I think you will still need it to fly out of the U.S.

[quote=”Jerry”]Now, correct me if I am wrong (as I am sure someone will), but the US passport is NOT for entry to any foreign country. Any country can allow or disallow entry to anyone for whatever reason, passport or not. Except that a passport (valid of course) bearing US citizen cannot be refused reentry. The passports purpose is to validate your right to enter as a US citizen. The older passports even had a statement saying it was not for ID, but for US entry only. My answer to this post is to obtain CR citizenship, which I initiated some time ago… before the “crisis” OR any banking BS.[/quote]

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”davidd”]is this true??? interesting I was not aware of this..

so technically you only need the U.S. passport for rentry to the U.S.

which makes sense .. I remember the days I used to come to costar rica.. only with my U.S. drivers license.

I think you will still need it to fly out of the U.S.

[quote=”Jerry”]Now, correct me if I am wrong (as I am sure someone will), but the US passport is NOT for entry to any foreign country. Any country can allow or disallow entry to anyone for whatever reason, passport or not. Except that a passport (valid of course) bearing US citizen cannot be refused reentry. The passports purpose is to validate your right to enter as a US citizen. The older passports even had a statement saying it was not for ID, but for US entry only. My answer to this post is to obtain CR citizenship, which I initiated some time ago… before the “crisis” OR any banking BS.[/quote][/quote]

Interesting point and quite correct! Having been on a couple of cruises the last few years I was able to enter a number of countries without ever showing my passport. The only time I needed it was when returning to the US…. isn’t that interesting? Seems when it benefits other countries to have tourist, and more importantly their money stop in, the whole passport thing is immaterial! Countries are free to apply their own rules when allowing folks to enter and stay… passport or no passport!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.