Iguana land company in San Ramon

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum Iguana land company in San Ramon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    dhsbooker

I know that this was mentioned a few weeks ago, and was checking back to see if there is any new info. They have several properties around San Ramon. I will be staying at the Angel Valley B&B (recommended by Maravilla)! This is a huge change of plans as we were originally looking to purchase around Punta Uva (Puerto Viejo area) I finally brought my husband to his senses(Don’t tell him that!) I like the fact that since we will NO longer be on the water that most of their properties have a view of the water.
    Thanks, Debbie

marion

Hi ‘Booker’…Their home page says lots for $2 a meter, but when you go to the property listings the prices say $5-$10 a meter?If you visit them try and find out who their builder and architect is..Thanks and good luck!

wmaes47

I met one of the principles, Ben Cart, on my last visit in March 2006. He was a pleasant man to speak with and was very knowledgeable about his various properties. As a 15 year resident of San Ramon, Ben knows what he is talking about for his properties.

The $2 a square metter will apply to a few of the lots in some areas, while other properties he owns will be in the $10 a square meter range. One in particular at $10 a square is the Magallenes property.

The Magallenes property is next to my development and the views of the Nicoya Bay and Pacific Ocean from that area are spectacular. The temperature range for the year is 68F to 82F at an elevation of approximately 3,200 feet. The humidity is real pleasant and with the afternoon rush of air from the ocean, it is real pleasant. The evenings at Magallenes will generally require a light sweater… and there are no fault lines even near the properties.

We I last talked with Ben, he was in ownership of eight properties and working hard to make everyone happy.

Visit with him and view several of his properties. He does have a small sales office on the Autopista, about 3-4 miles West of San Ramon.

If you have questions for this area you can write me at bill.maes@denver-homes.com

Bill Maes

maravilla

Beth, the woman who owns Angel Valley Farm B and B knows Ben Cart pretty well. I’ve never met him, but I did meet his aunt on my last trip because she stayed at AVF. he seems to be one of the honest developers in the San Ramon area.

dhsbooker

A great big thank you to all. This is great info. I am awaiting a reply from Andrew ( he was in Puerto Viejo when he received my email at an internet cafe) the dial up was way too slow! I had mentioned to him that we actually put a deposit on place to stay in Cocles! So it was a bit of the twilight zone when he received this. I’ll take it as a good sign.
    Debbie

DaveT

Debbie,
    I am heading down to Costa Rica in a few weeks (April 20th – 23rd) and am spending some time reviewing some of the projects Ben is working on. Thus far I would echo the sentiments of Bill – I have found Ben to be very responsive to my questions, honest, and knowledgeable of the area. I will follow-up with a more detailed posting after my meeting.

dbdartist

Hi booker as well,It sounds like you guys are trying to buy property from a developer like this website recomends. I also am going through a developer in San Ramon and his name is Jose Pelleya and the development is called” Butterfly Dance”. Again the property is in the same area with the same beautiful views of Nicoya and the Pacific Ocean. The prices range from$3.50 – $6.50 meter2 and the lots are great size.
    Good luck

abcdeat

Hi all, could any one get a contact address for me , or email me at sjmulder@beachlink.com thank’s

dhsbooker

Hi db, I also came across that property on one of the websites. It sounds like the elevation was alot lower, but the views looked awesome! I know it said that the lots ranged from 25,000 to 50,000 but did not give any sizes. I also did not see if there was going to be any gated entry. Is eletric, water and phone included? How many lots will be in the development? Would appreciate if you have any of the answers.
    Thanks,
    Debbie

dhsbooker

Dave, I too just got done sending an email to Ben, and was very pleased with his prompt reply. The only bad part is we won’t be there till Oct!! I wish it was us going in a few weeks. Enjoy your few days and look forward to any additional info when you get back.
    Debbie

dhsbooker
    dbdartist

Hi again Booker!
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. There are around 50 to 55 lots. The project roads are all cut in but not finished (with gravle or what ever) yet. The grading is still going on. Power, phone and water will be included. Power poles are marked. About a dozen lots have been sold.
    If you want more information on the project just stop in at “Solo bueno” in San Ramon, it’s a Real estate, internet cafe, art gallery, bookstore and Mail Boxes etc., just a fun and warm place to meet people. This shop is located on the main street as you come into town past the new mall from the west bound Pan Am Hwy. Go through the first stop light and it’s just ahead on the right, at the base of thirteen tall palm trees, you can’t miss it!
    Ask for Jose Pelleya, thats pronounced,( Pay-yea-ya’). A real honest guy and quiet a charactor as well.
    Oh yeah, I forgot , they have a line of bamboo furniture also, it’s a kick.
    Buena suerte, booker
    Don

phenard

My brother and I came to Costa Rica several years ago with the idea of retiring, like everyone else. I moved to Playa Coco and live(d) there for two years. Most of my new friends had the same problem…real estate prices have priced the average American out of the market. To make a long story short I decided to go back into the land development business with one thought in mind, to provide a low cost, high quality home site with roads water and electricity. Our parcels average one and a half acres. We have three developments (small) and the lots are around $32,000. We don’t build houses but can refer you to those that do. They average about $50 per square foot. Dave Dion – Costa Rica Land and Development Enterprises. http://www.costaricanlanddevelopment.com

phenard

My brother and I came to Costa Rica several years ago with the idea of retiring, like everyone else. I moved to Playa Coco and live(d) there for two years. Most of my new friends had the same problem…real estate prices have priced the average American out of the market. To make a long story short I decided to go back into the land development business with one thought in mind, to provide a low cost, high quality home site with roads water and electricity. Our parcels average one and a half acres. We have three developments (small) and the lots are around $32,000. We don’t build houses but can refer you to those that do. They average about $50 per square foot. Dave Dion – Costa Rica Land and Development Enterprises. http://www.costaricanlanddevelopment.com

dhsbooker

Dave,
    Just checking in to see if you have gotten back from looking at Ben’s properties. Would love to hear what you thought about them and which ones you looked at. Hope you had a truely pura vida time!
    Debbie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.