If they impeach Bush will you still move to CR?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum If they impeach Bush will you still move to CR?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    bradbard

Last night, on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives, Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) introduced 35 articles of impeachment against President George W. Bush.

Congressman Kucinich has laid out an extensive indictment of the president. Here is the index of article titles:

Article I
    Creating a Secret Propaganda Campaign to Manufacture a False Case for War Against Iraq

Article II
    Falsely, Systematically, and with Criminal Intent Conflating the Attacks of September 11, 2001, With Misrepresentation of Iraq as a Security Threat as Part of Fraudulent Justification for a War of
    Aggression

Article III
    Misleading the American People and Members of Congress to Believe Iraq Possessed Weapons of Mass Destruction, to Manufacture a False Case for War

Article IV
    Misleading the American People and Members of Congress to Believe Iraq Posed an Imminent Threat to the United States

Article V
    Illegally Misspending Funds to Secretly Begin a War of Aggression

Article VI
    Invading Iraq in Violation of the Requirements of HJRes114

Article VII
    Invading Iraq Absent a Declaration of War.

Article VIII
    Invading Iraq, A Sovereign Nation, in Violation of the UN Charter

Article IX
    Failing to Provide Troops With Body Armor and Vehicle Armor

Article X
    Falsifying Accounts of US Troop Deaths and Injuries for Political Purposes

Article XI
    Establishment of Permanent U.S. Military Bases in Iraq

Article XII
    Initiating a War Against Iraq for Control of That Nation’s Natural Resources

Article XIIII
    Creating a Secret Task Force to Develop Energy and Military Policies With Respect to Iraq and Other Countries

Article XIV
    Misprision of a Felony, Misuse and Exposure of Classified Information And Obstruction of Justice in the Matter of Valerie Plame Wilson, Clandestine Agent of the Central Intelligence Agency

Article XV
    Providing Immunity from Prosecution for Criminal Contractors in Iraq

Article XVI
    Reckless Misspending and Waste of U.S. Tax Dollars in Connection With Iraq and US Contractors

Article XVII
    Illegal Detention: Detaining Indefinitely And Without Charge Persons Both U.S. Citizens and Foreign Captives

Article XVIII
    Torture: Secretly Authorizing, and Encouraging the Use of Torture Against Captives in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Other Places, as a Matter of Official Policy

Article XIX
    Rendition: Kidnapping People and Taking Them Against Their Will to “Black Sites” Located in Other Nations, Including Nations Known to Practice Torture

Article XX
    Imprisoning Children

Article XXI
    Misleading Congress and the American People About Threats from Iran, and Supporting Terrorist Organizations Within Iran, With the Goal of Overthrowing the Iranian Government

Article XXII
    Creating Secret Laws

Article XXIII
    Violation of the Posse Comitatus Act

Article XXIV
    Spying on American Citizens, Without a Court-Ordered Warrant, in Violation of the Law and the Fourth Amendment

Article XXV
    Directing Telecommunications Companies to Create an Illegal and Unconstitutional Database of the Private Telephone Numbers and Emails of American Citizens

Article XXVI
    Announcing the Intent to Violate Laws with Signing Statements

Article XXVII
    Failing to Comply with Congressional Subpoenas and Instructing Former Employees Not to Comply

Article XXVIII
    Tampering with Free and Fair Elections, Corruption of the Administration of Justice

Article XXIX
    Conspiracy to Violate the Voting Rights Act of 1965

Article XXX
    Misleading Congress and the American People in an Attempt to Destroy Medicare

Article XXXI
    Katrina: Failure to Plan for the Predicted Disaster of Hurricane Katrina, Failure to Respond to a Civil Emergency

Article XXXII
    Misleading Congress and the American People, Systematically Undermining Efforts to Address Global Climate Change

Article XXXIII
    Repeatedly Ignored and Failed to Respond to High Level Intelligence Warnings of Planned Terrorist Attacks in the US, Prior to 911.

Article XXXIV
    Obstruction of the Investigation into the Attacks of September 11, 2001

Article XXXV
    Endangering the Health of 911 First Responders

The full text of the articles is available at:
    http://chun.afterdowningstreet.org/amomentoftruth.pdf

What you can do:
    Email your Representatives to support Kucinich’s Articles of Impeachment
    Call your Representative at 202-224-3121
    Call your favorite talk shows and tell everyone who supports impeachment to sign the petition at Democrats.com
    Offer your support now by visiting [ http://www.democrats.com/35-articles-of-impeachment ]

See ’56 Members of Congress Petition A.G. Mukasey To Investigate Bush Administration For War Crimes!’ http://impeachforpeace.org/impeach_bush_blog/?p=5391

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS DENNIS KUCINICH – I COULD KISS YA!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Hmmmm! This looks like a sorry excuse to introduce US politics into our WeLoveCostaRica.com Discussion forum (again) ‘bradbard’…

What do our VIP Members thinks – should I delete this or do you want to vent a little?

Scot Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

PS. Do you live in Costa Rica ‘bradbard’?

maravilla

I WANT OUT OF THIS PLACE SO I CAN LIVE IN COSTA RICA IN PEACE!!!!

Texas

Impeach yes! I met this kid (young man) in the early 70’s at different functions in Texas. He was a ” wild child”! That’s all I’ll say.

We’ll be done with him after the next election. I can’t see impeachment going forward.

It’s my hope that folks with support Obama or any other Demo.

We’ll see what happens……….

Aaronbz

It’s good news, but I don’t think it’s relevant to this forum. But it’s good news. I’m sure many of the American ex-pats in Costa Rica will be pleased (some won’t). But it’s good news. Oh, and did I say that it’s good news? Pura vida!!

Jube

How do you know how Maravilla acts? Just because Maravilla says she wants out of the US does not mean she acts a certain way. What exactly does she need to make sure of in the latin culture? Your comment suggests you are in the know about her attitude and the attitude in the latino culture.
    Hay diferente culturas dentro el mundo latino tambien en diferente lugares dentro cada pais.
    I say bienvenidos por cada persona en cualquier parte del mundo and to not judge others by their comments unless they ask you to.

maravilla

Very funny! I act the same way no matter what country I live in, and I have lived in several latin cultures, so your point was what?

soflodoug

Do you have a picture?

terrycook

Hi there , I have been in C.R. several times for 3 months at a time. Now I do not have the $60,000 entrance fee and must wait for 62 for S./s I have made investments for retirement income but despriately wish I could be here than there. I Love C.R and know the end is near for the U.S but doubt I can get out of here in time

Terry From Texas.
    S

Andrew
    Keymaster

For soflodoug

We’re always happy to hear intelligent and constructive comments and criticisms on anything discussed in our forum but your comments towards other VIP Member have often been very insulting.

Change your attitude or find somewhere else to play.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Nicely said.

sprite

I would have voted for Kucinich. And I certainly approve of his efforts. The value of introducing this topic here is that it might give an impression of just how many progressive gringos tend towards Costa Rica as a place to be. I strongly suspect that there exists a majority of progressive thinkers among American expats…at least I hope there is. I wonder if there is still a single, well informed person who supports Bush and what he did and is about to do. (Iran is still on his radar)

Roark

I support Bush… and have no hatred for the man. But I’m probably not “well informed” like you Sprite.

sprite

“But I’m probably not “well informed” like you Sprite.”

Probably not, then Roark….but you hang in there anyway. ;-}

MilesDavis

I’ve got to agree with Scott about the “sorry excuse”.
    I like to discuss politics and even market political stuff on the net, (both liberal and conservative), but I go to Costa Rica to get away from things like McDonalds, Starbucks and the crazy world of partisan US politics. However, since you brought it up, the Republican haters have been after Bush since the day he took office, fueled I’m sure by resentment over the Clinton thing. Considering the known facts, Kucinich’s (D-OH) articles of impeachment seem to be more political posturing to the fringe left than an act of good citizenship and unless they prove to have real merit, they will most likely die on the vine. Seeming to agree, the House voted to send the articles of impeachment to a committee (a procedure often used to kill legislation) and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi long ago declared the prospects for impeachment proceedings “off the table.” Time will tell.
    Now back to Costa Rica!!
    Pura Vida

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.