I just came back to USA from the Esterillos Oeste

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum I just came back to USA from the Esterillos Oeste

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lipskm

Exactly two years ago I have visited CR and I did the same as so many people do. I fell in love with the country and two months later I purchased land in the new development in Esterillos Oeste. I did it over email.

I think that I was the first buyer and my house was the first house that was completed. I didn’t have time to visit CR and oversee the construction and everything was communicated over emails. I just came back from Esterillos Oeste. I was very pleased how everything was done at the house. Yes, we did have some issues but most of them were resolved at the time of my visit. I didn’t like all interior doors and all doors were replaced while I was in CR. All 11 doors. The asking price for the same home model is doubled. I hope that I will be rewarded for being first and taking risk. I am planning to install additional water tank because my house is on a small hill and will have issues with water pressure.

Road in the development not done yet but I was driving regular Nissan Almera and didn’t have problems. Probably in the raining season will be different picture. Next time going to CR in the summer and will get 4×4. I was told that the first phase of development will be completed by the end of 2008 but I am not sure this will happen. Probably by the summer of 2009.

Was also very pleased that land next to us was purchased by company from Florida and they are going to build big gated community with the golf course. I think that the name is Coba Colletas. This will also bring price of my house higher. I also drove thru development north from where I am. The name is Columbus Heights. Two years ago I have visited place and only cows were walking the grounds. I have to admit the company who owns the place did a lot of work building roads inside development.

Everything is nice but I am wondering who will be the first person to build a house. Right now there are no home constructions going on. Any comments?

So are you looking to rent the house , move there, vacation…?

lipskym

I will be looking to rent my house. Hopefuly for a long term but will take any term. Does anybody know about “Cabo Caletas”? I would like to know opinion because this development will be located right adjacent to my backyard.

*Lotus

Cabo “looks” great but as you know having just been there that it so far is just a virtual development. As a golfer I hope they get it done and allow non owners to play.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.