I founds a nice finca but is has GRAVAMENES

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum I founds a nice finca but is has GRAVAMENES

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    genn789

I found a nice finca which is subdivided in 7 separate lots. I am very interested in buying it, but after a quick look in the Registro Nacional it appeared that 4 of these lots have a GRAVAMEN.
    Registro Nacional: “anotacion: no hay”, “gravamen, si hay (folowed by a number)” and “anotacion de gravamen: no hay”.
    The real estate brooker was not impressed or suprised and said: “call a lawyer” which looked a bit strange to me. Or is a GRAVAMEN on a finca not important ? Does it take a long time before it ends ? Should I look for another finca or go on with this one ?
    Thanks for all your information.

Bart.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

Do nothing yet; get legal advice until you have three attorneys who agree.

josefdez

Genn:

Gravamen means a limitation impossed by law to the land. It can be of very different sort, from mortgages to water preservation laws or easements, etc.

If you give me the Folio Real number I will gladly run a quick search of what the gravamen might be. However, the most of the times, the on-line information only makes reference to the number of the entry where the document is microfilmed, and you need to go personally to take copies of it.

José Rafael Fernández -Attorney-
    jfernandez@fayca.com

Ripple33

I have purchased a lot that has gravemenes listed in the registro. I was told that it was no big deal but would be interested in finding out more about this and if the conditions can be changed in the registro. Any more info folks??

Pura Vida

DavidCMurray
    Participant

New question: If I were the owner of a parcel of land, could I place a gravamenes on the title which would restrict the use of that land? That is, could I restrict its use to (say) the growing of crops or the erection of a single-family home?

If yes, would that gravamenes remain in force if the property were sold to a succession of new owners?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.