How to report bad business practices

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum How to report bad business practices

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Charlie

I was in need of some new shoes and saw a sale, or so called sale, at Extremos. Basically I had a chocie of 2 colors , same style shoe , and my wife purchased them at the counter. After I got home , I noticed that the price was not the sales price. I went back to the store and sure enough the shoe style was still on sale but the color I purchased was not there , the other was . I asked the clerk that they made a mistake and didnt grant me the sales price. He stated that the color I chose was not on sale , if I chose the other color it was . I clearly rememeber both colors on sale. I left and went to another Extremos store and low and behold, both colors were on sale at that store. I am wondering was I just another gringo suckered . I couldnt get anywhere with the store clerk, but I would love to report this somehow. Is there anything like the better business bureau in CR ? or would it be a waste of time ? I really believe that if enough people complain about bad practices , something has to give , maybe not for me but for future causes. I know after speaking to the many CR’s that I live with and associate with , they just say you got suckered , too bad, nothing can be done . Wonder if that mentallity not to complain for the principal is common here .

Andrew
    Keymaster

There will be occasions when a store has honestly sold out of one item and will encourage you to buy another but ‘bait and switch’ is a popular but illegal tactic in most parts of the world….

If you can not get some sort of a resolution from the manager of the store then yes! Trying to file whatever sort of complaint would most definitely be a waste of time…

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

rebaragon

You can always contact the CR Chamber of Commerce, but I don’t know how much good that will do–it will give you the opportunity to state your case. Let us know if you manage to get someone’s attention….

http://www.camara-comercio.com/?proc=15

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.