How to protect a real estate investment in CR

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum How to protect a real estate investment in CR

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    micololo

Please don’t mind my english. We would like to buy properties in CR. We would like to live there in 4 years. How could we protect our invesments while we’re out of CR. I’ve read horrible stories that happened to people in similar situations. I’ve search for discussions with the search engine of the site but maybe have used wrong words. Thanks answering.

Andrew
    Keymaster

It’s simple Micolo but not easy…

You work with the right Realtor and you buy the right property in the right location at the right time and then hire the right property manager who will hopefully rent it out to the right tenant until you are ready to enjoy the property.

Scott Oliver – Founder
    WeLoveCostaRica.com

Orosi Riley

Scott is on the money. Get references from other clients and find someone that is has a reputation for honest dealing. Scam artist are easy to find, an honest real estate/property management office is more difficult. Our office in Orosi de Cartago is currently managing over a dozen farms for other North Americans. We are starting botanical gardens for all clients, managing coffee workers and paying their bills. We make weekly to monthly visits to the farms we manage, taking photos and instructing workers. Most property management companies charge $100 per month or $1000 per year up front. Don’t accept less. Best Regards,Steve Riley

costaricafinca
    Participant

OrosiRiley, what/how do you start a botanical garden for all your clients’?

Orosi Riley

You would need to see our garden to understand. My wife love to garden and has a worker to help her maintain our 12 acre botanical garden, near Lankaster Gardens. Everyone that visits our rental villa wants a “Nancy Garden” on the properties we sell. We know where to buy the heliconias, gingers, and other tropical plants direct from the wholesale growers. We bring in crews to make pathways and start the gardens. We gift enough plants from our gardens to get projects started. Come see us in Orosi de Cartago.

Best Regards,
    Steve

costaricafinca
    Participant

I don’t mean to either rude or disbelieving, but what is the difference between making a ‘Botanical garden’ or just a ‘garden’? I have a large garden myself but I wouldn’t call it a Botanical garden.

Orosi Riley

The main difference is variety and setting. We have over one hundred types of heliconias, over fifty different types of gingers, dozens of different antheriaums, calatheas, ferns, orchids, bromeliads and much more. Our garden is a cornucopia of tropical plants in a rainforest setting. Come see us in Orosi and we will give you a tour.

You have to see Nancy and Steve’s garden to believe it! When I return in March, I hope to have Nancy advise me on a plan to turn my little piece of the Valle de Orosi into my own part of paradise!

Thanks,
    Tom in Portland on a budget.

maravilla

I would love to see this garden. How far is Orosi from San Ramon? Could I take a bus to get there? Part of my dream about living in Costa Rica is having a beautiful garden, but I don’t even know where to start and maybe seeing what you have done will inspire me.

Maravilla:
    You can get to the town of Orosi by bus from Cartago; it is only about 20 miles. So if you can get from San Ramon to Cartago by bus, you can get to Orosi. How can we exchange email addresses so I can tell you more? Scott doesn’t recommend posting your personal email address here, any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Tom

maravilla

Scott is kind enough to act as a go-between, so he can forward an email from you to me, or the other way around.

Orosi Riley

We are happy to share our garden with others, even plants.
    Best Regards,
    Steve

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.