How to pay property taxes on your home?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum How to pay property taxes on your home?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chuckrobin

Does anyone know if house taxes can be paid at the bank or do you have to go to the governing municipality to pay it?

I know you can pay your corporation taxes at the bank but was wondering about the house taxes. Thanks for for the response in advance!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Yes! You certainly can pay directly into the municipality’s bank account but it ‘may’ depend on the municipality

Supposedly collection of all forms of taxes is going to be a priority for this next administration so make sure you are up to date.

Scott

barbara ann

In Garabito, Jaco I think we can pay online. and if you pay in January there is a ten percent discount here.

davidd

[quote=”chuckrobin”]Does anyone know if house taxes can be paid at the bank or do you have to go to the governing municipality to pay it?

I know you can pay your corporation taxes at the bank but was wondering about the house taxes. Thanks for for the response in advance![/quote]

chuckrobin

personally I go in person to the municipality and pay in person.. and always keep your receipts.

here is an inside tip.. since I live here fulltime 😉

every 5 years.. the municipality will send a inspector or perrito to make a new valuation on your property and house..

if you keep an eye out and make sure you go and do this yourself.. you will be able to get the form and submit your own valuation increase..

which obvious will be lower than thiers :wink::wink::wink::wink: and they accept it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

keep in mind costa rica does not follow any normal type of small increases.. you know like 1 or 2 % they always do it in chunks.. which may give you a slight heart beat irregularity 8)8)

davidd

[quote=”Scott”]Yes! You certainly can pay directly into the municipality’s bank account but it ‘may’ depend on the municipality

Supposedly collection of all forms of taxes is going to be a priority for this next administration so make sure you are up to date.

Scott
    [/quote]

100% correct on that one Scott.. since politicians only path they ever take is make new taxes up.. you can be sure we will have new ones..

i am just about finished of getting rid of all my S.A. here.. and will wind up with only 1..( I had 6 ) and I will only have 1 bank account here in this country with monthly expenses only..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.