How to maintain address in States without house

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum How to maintain address in States without house

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NYnan

We have sold our house in New York State and are renting until we leave the country this fall. Then we will have no address in New York, although I’m sure New York State will still consider us residents for tax purposes, and we will still have one child in a state college. Suggestions about what we should do about a U.S. address? Should we use one of our kids’ addresses, or other relative?
    Thanks for any thoughts on this, as I’m sure others have figured out what works.
    Nancy

waggoner41

[quote=”NYnan”]We have sold our house in New York State and are renting until we leave the country this fall. Then we will have no address in New York, although I’m sure New York State will still consider us residents for tax purposes, and we will still have one child in a state college. Suggestions about what we should do about a U.S. address? Should we use one of our kids’ addresses, or other relative?
    Thanks for any thoughts on this, as I’m sure others have figured out what works.
    Nancy[/quote]

We sold our home in California in 2007 and still maintain our last address as our U.S. address.

All mail, including bills, have been changed to our new address in Costa Rica

CHERYLJK

We are going through the same situation. Luckily one of our friends who lives near by said we can use her address. You can also rent a box at places like the UPS store. Then you will maintain an address in the States, plus they will forward your mail to you. But I think it is easier (and cheaper!) to have a friend or relative do it.

PeteB
    Participant

We use our daughter’s home address and also that of our CPA for tax purposes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.