How Much Will Obama’s Trip To Costa Rica Cost?

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum How Much Will Obama’s Trip To Costa Rica Cost?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    davidd

anyone want to take a gander as to how much this whole trip with the U.S. king will cost the american taxpayer???

i avoid saying names because in case secret service is tailing this forum :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I would wager including airforce one and personnel and $$$$ gifts to CR

$5 million

what say wagonner???

DavidCMurray
    Participant

%5,000,000.00, eh? Can you show us the figures that got you to exactly that number?

Kwhite1

[quote=”davidd”]anyone want to take a gander as to how much this whole trip with the U.S. king will cost the american taxpayer???

i avoid saying names because in case secret service is tailing this forum :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

$5 million

what say wagonner???
    [/quote]

I think you are low……an hour of AFO cost $180,000USD, http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/05/air-force-one-air-fare-179750-per-hour/1 , it will cost upwards of $2 million just to fly from DC to CR, secret service, support staff, hotels, cars, ect. I can see it topping $8-10 million easy.

davidd

8 to 10 million??? wow I didnt speculate that high

but 2 million just for the trip..

and I wonder how much it costs to send all the pre personel who are already here in the country prepping the area

I think there are a few dozen

so cost for them housing food transportation..

[size=200]HOOKERS[/size]

http://www.washingtonian.com/articles/people/secret-service-prostitution-scandal-one-year-later/

:P:P:P:P misc
    [b]
    Scott

can you chime in here since your a numbers guy

your thoughts on how much this whole trip will cost the american tax payer????
    [/b][size=][size=200][/size][/size]

[quote=”kwhite1″][quote=”davidd”]anyone want to take a gander as to how much this whole trip with the U.S. king will cost the american taxpayer???

$5 million

what say wagonner???
    [/quote]

I think you are low……an hour of AFO cost $180,000USD, http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/05/air-force-one-air-fare-179750-per-hour/1 , it will cost upwards of $2 million just to fly from DC to CR, secret service, support staff, hotels, cars, ect. I can see it topping $8-10 million easy.[/quote]

DavidCMurray
    Participant

[quote=”davidd”]8 to 10 million??? wow I didnt speculate that high [/quote]

“Speculate”?? So you just pulled your $5,000,000.00 out of some body orifice? What was the point?

Andrew
    Keymaster

I have no idea but it will probably cost twice as much as they claim ….

Scott

davidd

[quote=”DavidCMurray”][quote=”davidd”]8 to 10 million??? wow I didnt speculate that high [/quote]

“Speculate”?? So you just pulled your $5,000,000.00 out of some body orifice? What was the point?
    [/quote]

David

i guess your scan reading again 🙂 we have this phenomenon called “Scanning” it is where we go thu most of the information we deal with day to day.. in a topical scanning mode and then make comments based on that.

I did not write in scanning mode so this is my fault.

now what part of [size=200]WAGER[/size] and [size=200]TAKING A GANDER[/size] was unclear???

maybe its me

but to me they convey [size=200]speculation[/size][b][/b].. I was NOT quoting FACT how can I since the event has NOT happened yet LOL

we can only speculate at best and take various numbers and make an informative GUESS

and I asked for feedback

so again my initial speculation considering some of the past trips the king has taken..

we will see in the next few months more facts

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

davidd

[quote=”Scott”]I have no idea but it will probably cost twice as much as they claim ….

Scott

your right… and it was an easier projection

aguirrewar

It
    is going to cost a whole lot more than $5 million, the White House has to send ahead of time an advance team to make arrangements with the US Embassy and sweep the hotel where he is going to stay.

Make travel plans and inspect the roads he will travel, send his LIMO and other vehicles for support, communications (SECURED), food, extra security, etc..

He arrives 3 May and departs 5, 3 days total for about $10-15 million and that is not counting what the different money the PRESS and the Costa Rica gov. will spend.

In the meantime Washington, DC does not go to sleep, there will be provision to have in the capitol a MIRROR government just in case.

davidd

So Aguirrewar

your saying that this trip will cost the AVERAGE AMERICAN TAXPAYER $10 to $15 million dollars???

8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)

I wonder what the actual R.O.I. on this trip for the American Taxpayer??

also I forgot.. Ms Chinchilla also gave off all public employees a paid off day.. how much would that be in dollars of wasted tax payers

it’s simple: IT’S NOT THIER MONEY 🙂

http://youtu.be/szwclmmKwLg

[quote=”aguirrewar”]It
    is going to cost a whole lot more than $5 million, the White House has to send ahead of time an advance team to make arrangements with the US Embassy and sweep the hotel where he is going to stay.

Make travel plans and inspect the roads he will travel, send his LIMO and other vehicles for support, communications (SECURED), food, extra security, etc..

He arrives 3 May and departs 5, 3 days total for about $10-15 million and that is not counting what the different money the PRESS and the Costa Rica gov. will spend.

In the meantime Washington, DC does not go to sleep, there will be provision to have in the capitol a MIRROR government just in case.

[/quote]

johnnyh

Is he bringing money?

Kwhite1

[quote=”davidd”]So Aguirrewar

your saying that this trip will cost the AVERAGE AMERICAN TAXPAYER $10 to $15 million dollars???

8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)8)

I wonder what the actual R.O.I. on this trip for the American Taxpayer??

[quote=”aguirrewar”]It

[/quote][/quote]

GOOD NEWS!!!! At $15 million, it will only cost every man, woman, and childrens only $.05 each, I’ll double my share and give someone a break.

As for the ROI, my calculations is……..ZERO, ZIP, (and for my spanish speaking friends) Nada.

waggoner41

[quote=”davidd”]anyone want to take a gander as to how much this whole trip with the U.S. king will cost the american taxpayer???

$5 million

what say wagonner???
    [/quote]

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/07/the-traveling-president/

It would pay you to read the entire article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_trips_made_by_the_President_of_the_United_States
    For comparison Obama has taken 26 trips so far during his presidency with four more planned this year.
    George Bush took 140 trips during years in office
    Bill Clinton took 133 trips during years in office
    George H W Bush took 60 trips during years in office
    Ronald Reagan took 49 trips during years in office
    Jimmy Carter took 31 trips during years in office
    Gerald Ford took 19 trips during his year in office
    Richard Nixon took 43 trips during his years in office
    Lyndon Johnson took 27 trips during years in office
    John Kennedy took 16 trips during years in office
    Dwight Eisenhower took 37 trips during years in office
    Harry Truman took 6 trips during his years in office
    Franklin Roosevelt took 52 trips during his years in office

Those who criticize the cost of Obama’s flights do not want you to know that George W. Bush spent at least $20 million taxpayer dollars just on flights to his ranch in Crawford.

davidd

Wagoneer

my friend I am so sorry

because for some reason I may have led you to believe that I am picking on just one individual..

there are all the same.. with maybe some slight variations.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/world/us-practiced-torture-after-9-11-nonpartisan-review-concludes.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=4&

and you know what

I don’t blame these guys whatsoever it’s NOT thier fault

its the peoples fault.

sadly

still does warrant the question

what is the actual R.O.I of this trip. since its american tax payers money that is being spent.

reminds me of that seinfeld episode

its a write off jerry :D:D:D

http://youtu.be/XEL65gywwHQ

[quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”davidd”]anyone want to take a gander as to how much this whole trip with the U.S. king will cost the american taxpayer???

$5 million

what say wagonner???
    [/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_international_trips_made_by_the_President_of_the_United_States
    For comparison Obama has taken 26 trips so far during his presidency with four more planned this year.

Those who criticize the cost of Obama’s flights do not want you to know that George W. Bush spent at least $20 million taxpayer dollars just on flights to his ranch in Crawford.
    [/quote]

Imxploring
    Participant

[quote=”waggoner41″][quote=”davidd”]anyone want to take a gander as to how much this whole trip with the U.S. king will cost the american taxpayer???

$5 million

what say wagonner???
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Next question….

Under which of these presidents did the (acknowledged) National Debt increase the most?

We’ll ignore the debt to the SSA and Medicare programs just this once… since that opens up a whole other debate.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.