How much for survey and topographer in Costa Rica

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum How much for survey and topographer in Costa Rica

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SMB

Does anyone know how much it would cost to have 5 hectares surveyed and a topography study done to subdivide into 10 buildable lots. It is located about 1 hour from San Jose in a very hilly area.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

The cost of any survey will depend on the size of the property and the complexity of the project. In February, we spent about $280 to have two manzanas surveyed. That did not include registering the new survey in the National Registry — another $160, I think. A topographical survey of our property cost about $400 last year.

SMB

thanks,
    I am looking at 5 hectares. do you think it would be 5X the cost you paid because it is 10 times bigger.

Edited on Jun 26, 2006 11:19

senta

Maybe I am wrong but my comen sense tells me if you have a survey done on 5 ha. when you buy it and AFTER divide it in 10 parcels to sell them you would have to have new surveys done since sizes changed

SMB

I know I will have to re survey. I wanted to know what the cost would be to find out how many buildable lots I can get from the 5 ha

wmaes47

Tell us where the property is located and mayby someone can recommend a topographer for that area.

Bill Maes

SMB

Fist of all, I would like to thank everyone for their replys. Lots of people trying to help just to be nice, I really appreciate it. The property is near Tambor.

DavidCMurray
    Participant

I think you’re going to have to shop around locally to find a surveyor to do this work. Certainly prices will vary.

Another thought: I believe you’ll want to engage an architect to help you decide how to divide up this property into buildable lots. When you do, be *certain* to also involve a knowledgeable attorney who can advise you about the legal limitations of dividing property for the purpose you have in mind. It’s my understanding that just because you can physically divide five hectares by into ten lots doesn’t mean that it can legally be done. And if it isn’t done legally, then you can’t expect to sell the lots, and your time and money will have been wasted. Bear in mind that any knowledgeable buyer will insist that his or her property be registered in the National Registry. I’ve heard stories about it taking years to get unregistered properties registered.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.