How little do people know

Home Forums Costa Rica Living Forum How little do people know

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    waggoner41

I was in receipt of an email from welovecostarica.com titled “here is an example of the ignorance of americans”, which has apparently been removed, with a link to a youtube.com video,. The video apparently depicts a Republican asking Democratic conventioneers if corporate profits should be banned. The responses are an idication of how little that Americans, as a whole, know about economics.

I have spent many years researching and discussing economic issues as they relate to the American economy and have found that it is not only Democrats who have little understanding of economics. American schools, through high school, do not require any classes on economics and the entire population is totally illiterate when it comes to economics or how economics works. Our universities turn out graduates in economics but I don’t see that they spend much time digging into the historical issues that affect our economy

I do not have an education in economics but if you take a critical look at the decisions that our elected congress has made over the past 60 years you will find that congress itself has little understanding of economic issues or the possible fallout of their legislation.

Since World War 2 the U.S. has been looked to as the economic pillar that drives the world. Up until this century it was true but things have changed. While it is true that Americas economic prowess finally fell apart during the Bush administration there has been a cumulative effect on the economy over the past 60 years that has led to the problems that we now face that are the result of decisions made by nearly every administration and congress, whether Democratic or Republican since Dwight Eisenhower took office.

Blaming one side or the other is an exercise in futility but the fact that the American economy affects the entire planet should be of concern to us all. We feel it here no matter what our sources of income.

sprite

American citizens are taught a ridiculous philosophy called “American Exceptionalism” which says that we are the best and brightest and god’s favorite people (after the Israelis). So I suppose the thinking is “why bother to learn anything else about economy?”

The American economy at present is the world economy. But the reverse is also true..the world economy is america’s economy. This is changing rapidly. It seems to me that during my lifetime, the US dollar has been American in name only. For all of my life and up to the present, it has been THE fiat world currency, a petrol currency, created by a cabal of bankers 99 years ago. I think this is changing before our eyes as the very same banker cabal is currently working at destroying the dollar. It will be sharply devalued and since this is known, there is a currency war on right now to establish a replacement. An example of this is that the Chinese moved last week to tie the Yuan to gold.

Costa Rica and other nations,in order to create additional stability for their currencies, have tied their fiat money to the fiat dollar. So, of course, when the world’s fiat dollar falls, Costa Rica will see economic consequences.
    According to some, this fall is imminent. Max Keiser, a well known ex Wall Street broker, has predicted that this epic fail will happen anytime between now and April of 2013.

davidd

wagoneer

yep.. that was me

it appears that the “king” Scott found it not useful if any of the little people posted something that not favor the king.

it’s ok that he posts diatribes of bashing the Israelis etc and such

thats ok 🙂

it’s his board and he can do whatever he wants

I posted not to blame any particular sides but to reveal an ignorance in general of the american populace.

one young lady even suggested we promote corporate losses 🙂

I bow to the king and ask for humble forgiveness

[quote=”waggoner41″]I was in receipt of an email from welovecostarica.com titled “here is an example of the ignorance of americans”, which has apparently been removed, with a link to a youtube.com video,. The video apparently depicts a Republican asking Democratic conventioneers if corporate profits should be banned. The responses are an idication of how little that Americans, as a whole, know about economics.

I have spent many years researching and discussing economic issues as they relate to the American economy and have found that it is not only Democrats who have little understanding of economics. American schools, through high school, do not require any classes on economics and the entire population is totally illiterate when it comes to economics or how economics works. Our universities turn out graduates in economics but I don’t see that they spend much time digging into the historical issues that affect our economy

I do not have an education in economics but if you take a critical look at the decisions that our elected congress has made over the past 60 years you will find that congress itself has little understanding of economic issues or the possible fallout of their legislation.

Since World War 2 the U.S. has been looked to as the economic pillar that drives the world. Up until this century it was true but things have changed. While it is true that Americas economic prowess finally fell apart during the Bush administration there has been a cumulative effect on the economy over the past 60 years that has led to the problems that we now face that are the result of decisions made by nearly every administration and congress, whether Democratic or Republican since Dwight Eisenhower took office.

Blaming one side or the other is an exercise in futility but the fact that the American economy affects the entire planet should be of concern to us all. We feel it here no matter what our sources of income.
    [/quote]

lvc1028

I must have missed that one! BTW, who was that?

johnnyh

I have often wondered who owns the Central Bank of Costa Rica. I mean, who are the real stock owners? Anybody know names? Or is that taboo? We know that the Federal Reserve Bank in the States is owned by private banks who are mostly owned by the International Rothschild bankers, and since 1913 the Dollar has lost 95% of its value. Great record Fed! But since all central bankers produce endless fiat money tied to the US Fed, or as we know, all nations worship the Fed being the reserve currency for the time being. Does the Costa Rican Central bank take its orders from higher up. You know what I mean.:shock:

Andrew
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for your wildly amusing sarcastic “king” comments ‘davidd’… Much appreciated!

1. We have three Moderators in the Forum and by unanimous request from our VIP Members, we do not allow political postings when it’s totally unrelated to Costa Rica as yours was so, your comment was deleted by one of our Moderators.

2. And yes! I wrote an article ‘[url=https://www.welovecostarica.com/members/3796.cfm]English Language Newspaper in Costa Rica Now Promoting Easy To Disprove Zionist Lies[/url]’ in response to a letter published in an English language newspaper here in Costa Rica. Clearly if it’s published in a Costa Rica newspaper it’s related to Costa Rica.

3. This appeared as an article on my website and not in the Discussion Forum.

Scott

sprite

[quote=”davidd”]wagoneer

yep.. that was me

it appears that the “king” Scott found it not useful if any of the little people posted something that not favor the king.

thats ok 🙂

I posted not to blame any particular sides but to reveal an ignorance in general of the american populace.

[/quote]

Davidd,

I have been reading posts here for six years and I do not recall seeing Scott post anything critical of the Israeli people. I have seen posts critical of the genocidal Zionist regime in Tel Aviv and their minions elsewhere. But I consider that to be a public service no different than me posting a criticism of the criminal government in Washington DC, my home land. And it is all relevant to life in Costa Rica as an expat.

camby

[quote=”waggoner41″]I was in receipt of an email from welovecostarica.com titled “here is an example of the ignorance of americans”, which has apparently been removed, with a link to a youtube.com video,. The video apparently depicts a Republican asking Democratic conventioneers if corporate profits should be banned. The responses are an idication of how little that Americans, as a whole, know about economics.

[/quote]
    People get ver partisan and beleive that the “other guy” caused all the problems…….like the recession of late, somehow got tagged fully on Obama…….though plenty share the guilt of the economy…..

camby

[quote=”sprite”][quote=”davidd”]wagoneer

yep.. that was me

thats ok 🙂

[/quote]

Davidd,

I have been reading posts here for six years and I do not recall seeing Scott post anything critical of the Israeli people. I have seen posts critical of the genocidal Zionist regime in Tel Aviv and their minions elsewhere. But I consider that to be a public service no different than me posting a criticism of the criminal government in Washington DC, my home land. And it is all relevant to life in Costa Rica as an expat.[/quote]

Good points, one can be critical of a Govt and/or organization, but not per se of people…. In the USA, anything that is critical of the nation state of Israel is branded as “antisemitism” and relegated to hate speech…….when it is not….is criticizing Germany=hatred of Germanic peoples? no…..

camby

[quote=”sprite”]American citizens are taught a ridiculous philosophy called “American Exceptionalism” which says that we are the best and brightest and god’s favorite people (after the Israelis). So I suppose the thinking is “why bother to learn anything else about economy?”[/quote]

Exactly and “why learn about someone elses culture” persists….one poster to a travel site from USA summed up this attitude recently noting Costa Rica as a “small ,third world country”

very arrogant the attitude-or plain indifference….

camby

[quote=”johnnyh”]I have often wondered who owns the Central Bank of Costa Rica. I mean, who are the real stock owners? Anybody know names? Or is that taboo? We know that the Federal Reserve Bank in the States is owned by private banks who are mostly owned by the International Rothschild bankers, and since 1913 the Dollar has lost 95% of its value. Great record Fed! But since all central bankers produce endless fiat money tied to the US Fed, or as we know, all nations worship the Fed being the reserve currency for the time being. Does the Costa Rican Central bank take its orders from higher up. You know what I mean.:shock:[/quote]

a good question, as most nations w/o a Central Bank tied to the USA/UK are now invaded and/or occupied or under threat……if CR is tied to the DC/London crowd, the waves might really be rough when that back fires….

camby

[quote=”Scott”]on my website [/quote]

rather a good point to remember….in the end, your site, your call…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.